Translational systems medicine and oral disease [electronic resource]
- Translational systems medicine and oral disease[electronic resource] / edited by Stephen T. Sonis, Alessandro Villa.
- San Diego, CA : Academic Press, 2019.
- 1 online resource.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Oral Medicine
- 9780128137628, 9780128137635
Translational Systems Medicine and Oral Disease bridges the gap between discovery science and clinical oral medicine, providing opportunities for both the scientific and clinical communities to understand how to apply recent findings in cell biology, genomic profiling, and systems medicine to favorably impact the diagnosis, treatment and management of oral diseases. Fully illustrated chapters from leading international contributors explore clinical applications of genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, microbiomics and epigenetics, as well as analytic methods and functional omics in oral medicine. Disease specific chapters detail systems approaches to periodontal disease, salivary gland diseases, oral cancer, bone disease, and autoimmune disease, among others.
2. System biology
3. Genomic foundation for medical and oral disease translation to clinical assessment
5. Metabolomics in head and neck cancer: A summary of findings
7. Epigenetics and oral disease
8. Systems pharmacology
9. Functional “omics” for systems medicine
10. Analytic methods for systems medicine
11. Systems medicine and periodontal diseases
12. Bone translational medicine
13. Systems medicine and salivary gland diseases
14. Systems medicine, neuropathic oral diseases, and orofacial pain
15. Chronic systemic symptoms in cancer patients
16. Oral toxicities of cancer treatment
17. Stem cells and regenerative medicine
18. Translating concepts of systems medicine to the clinic