- Asking to Die: Inside the Dutch Debate about Euthanasia[electronic resource] / edited by David C. Thomasma, Thomasine Kimbrough-Kushner, Gerrit K. Kimsma, Chris Ciesielski-Carlucci.
- Thomasma, David C., editor., Kimbrough-Kushner, Thomasine., editor., Kimsma, Gerrit K., editor., Ciesielski-Carlucci, Chris., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- XX, 588 p. : online resource.
- Prologue -- Prologue -- The Dutch Definition of Euthanasia -- The Dutch Definition of Euthanasia -- Toward a Dutch Compromise: Perspectives from Government, Law, Medicine, and Academia -- Twenty-Five Years of Dutch Experience and Policy on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide: An Overview -- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide in the Netherlands and the USA: Comparing Practices, Justifications and Key Concepts in Bioethics and Law -- Physician Assisted Suicide in Psychiatry: An Analysis of Case Law and Professional Opinions -- The Slippery Slope: Are The Dutch Sliding Down or Are They Clambering Up? -- Teaching Euthanasia: The Integration of the Practice of Euthanasia into Grief, Death and Dying Curricula of Post-Graduate Family Medicine Training -- Comparing Two Euthanasia Protocols: The Free University of Amsterdam Academic Hospital and the Medical Center of Alkmaar -- Euthanasia Drugs in the Netherlands -- Empirical Research on Euthanasia and Other Medical End-of-Life Decisions and the Euthanasia Notification Procedure -- Palliative Care: Dutch Hospice and Euthanasia -- Euthanasia and the Power of Medicine -- A Religious Argument in Favor of Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide -- The Range of Objections to Euthanasia -- Catholic Healthcare and the Dutch National Character -- Living with Euthanasia: Physicians and Families Speak for Themselves -- Annie Asked, ?쏛re You Going to Help Me???-- ?쏧n Death He Achieved a Stature that He Never Had in Life??-- ?쏷he Moment Will Come When I Will Have to Kill Him??-- ?쏫illing is Always Bad, But Not Always the Worst Alternative??-- ?쏛 Tragedy??-- ?쏷he Euthanasia Mountain Gets Higher and Higher??-- ?쏧 Will Not Leave You Alone??-- ?쏷he Worst Moments of My Life??-- ?쏣uthanasia is Not So Much About Shortening Life, But More Directly About Shortening Suffering??-- Euthanasia in the Nursing Home: ?쏻e Had a Problem Not to Let the Other Patients Know What Was Happening??-- ?쏪ust What Are We Doing???-- ?쏧 was the First Physician in the Netherlands Prosecuted for Performing Euthanasia on a Patient Who was not a Relative.??-- Arlene Judith Klotzko and Dr. Boudewijn Chabot Discuss Assisted Suicide in the Absence of Somatic Illness -- What Kind of Life? What Kind of Death? An Interview with Dr. Henk Prins -- ?쏻hat is There to Be Frightened About? After All, It?셲 Not Like I Am Going to the Dentist!??-- The Story of Laurens -- ?쏧 Walked Out Into The Kitchen; I Could Not Endure It??-- ?쏦e Was Dead Before He Even Passed Away??-- ?쏻e Will Have to Make of Life What We Can??-- A Double Life -- ?쏽ou Will Do Well With The Children??-- ?쏛s Soon As Possible Please??-- ?쏻hat Life Was Left to Live???-- ?쏧 Don?셳 Want To Be Put Away Like A Dog??-- ?쏻e Are Living in a House of Death; Everyone Who Enters Here Will Die??-- Euthanasia: Promises and Perils -- The Hard Unanswered Questions: Issues That Continue to Divide the Dutch and Fuel Debate -- New Directions.
Medicine & Public Health.
Theory of Medicine/Bioethics.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9780792351856