- The development of human gene therapy / edited by Theodore Friedmann.
- Cold Spring Harbor, NY : Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, c1999.
- Friedmann, Theodore, , 1935-
- xiii, 729 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Cold Spring Harbor monograph series ; 36.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The origins, evolution, and directions of human gene therapy - Retroviral vectors - Lentiviral vectors - Structure and genetic organization of adenovirus vectors - Adenovirus vectors - Strategies to adapt adenoviral vectors for gene therapy applications : targeting and integration - Adeno-associated viral vectors - Gene-transfer tool : herpes simplex virus vectors - Emerging viral vectors - Advances in synthetic gene-delivery system technology - Receptor-mediated gene delivery strategies - Naked DNA gene transfer in mammalian cells - Delivery systems and adjuvants for DNA vaccines - Targets for gene therapy - The hematopoietic system as a target for gene therapy - Cancer immunotherapy - Gene transfer and stem-cell transplantation - Suicide genes : gene therapy applications using enzyme/prodrug strategies - The logic of anti-angiogenic gene therapy - Apoptosis as a goal of cancer gene therapy - Advances in gene therapy for HIV and other viral infections - Progress toward gene therapy for nervous system diseases - Targeted gene repair in mammalian cells using chimeric RNA/DNA oligonucleotides - Human gene therapy : public policy and regulatory issues - Ethical issues in human gene transfer research
- Gene therapy.