- Yearbook of Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine 1998[electronic resource] / edited by Jean-Louis Vincent.
- Vincent, Jean-Louis., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- XXI, 759p. 156 illus. : online resource.
- Yearbook of Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine,0942-5381 ; 1998
- Host Responses in Sepsis and ARDS -- Balancing the Inflammatory Response in Sepsis -- Bactericidal/Permeability-Increasing Protein (BPI): Structure, Function, and Clinical Applications -- Inhibition of the Activation of Nuclear Factor-?B as a Novel Therapeutic Approach for SIRS and Septic Shock -- The Role of the Host Defense Response in the Progression and Outcome of ARDS -- The Role of Cytokines in the Pathogenesis of Pneumonia -- A Central Role of Interleukin-8 in the Pathogenesis of ARDS -- Neutrophil Myeloperoxidase: Effector of Host Defense and Host Damage -- NAD(P)H Oxidase in Non-Phagocytic Cells -- Gelatinases and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome -- Cardiocirculatory Alterations -- Molecular Mechanisms of Action of Nitric Oxide in Heart Muscle -- Development of Myocardial Tolerance to Ischemia/Reperfusion and Septic Injury -- Endothelial Cell Dysfunction in Septic Shock -- Alterations of Important Regulators of Macro-and Microcirculation in the Critically Ill -- Microvascular Regulation of Tissue Oxygenation in Sepsis -- Selective Pharmacological Inhibition of Inducible Nitric Oxide Synthase in Experimental Septic Shock -- The Use of Dopamine and Norepinephrine in the ICU -- Oxygen Carriers -- The Red Blood Cell: New Ideas About an Old Friend -- Transfusion Requirements in Critical Care: A Multicenter Controlled Clinical Trial -- Artificial Oxygen Carriers -- Epidemiology and Markers of Sepsis ??Clinical Trials -- Do We Really Know the Epidemiology and Clinical Course of Sepsis? -- Prognostic Markers in Sepsis -- Procalcitonin ??An Indicator of Sepsis -- Is There a Role for Surrogate Markers in the Evaluation of Sepsis Trials -- Discourse on Method: Measuring the Value of New Therapies in Intensive Care -- Severe Infections -- Antimicrobial Therapy for ICU-Acquired Infection: Time for a Reappraisal -- Nosocomial Sinusitis: A Critical Appraisal of the Evidence -- The Importance of Initial Empiric Antibiotic Selection in Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia -- Why, When, and How to Prescribe a Combination of Antibiotics -- Prevention of Infections Associated with Vascular Catheters -- Management of Fever in Cancer Patients with Acquired Neutropenia -- Measuring Lung Mechanics -- Determination of Lung Volume in the ICU -- Chest Wall Mechanics: Methods of Measurement and Physiopathologie Insights -- Modes of Mechanical Ventilation -- Emergency Intubation: The Difficult Airway -- Control of Breathing During Assisted Mechanical Ventilation -- Proportional Assist Ventilation -- Pressure Controlled Ventilation (PCV): The Ideal Mode of Mechanical Ventilation? -- The Open Lung Concept -- Lung Stretching and Barotrauma -- Inflammatory Consequences of High Stretch Lung Injury -- Mechanical Ventilation-Induced Injury -- Barotraumatic Effects of Mechanical Ventilation -- Weaning from Mechanical Ventilation -- The Pathophysiology of Weaning Failure -- What Have We Learned About Weaning Over the Last Five Years -- Non-Invasive Mechanical Ventilation -- Non-Invasive Ventilation in Acute Respiratory Failure: Technological Issues -- Non-Invasive Nocturnal Mechanical Ventilation: Is it Feasible for COPD Patients? -- Lung Perfusion ??Inhaled Nitric Oxide -- Distribution of Pulmonary Perfusion in Healthy and Injured Lungs -- The Administration and Measurement of Nitric Oxide During Mechanical Ventilation -- Inspiratory Nitric Oxide Concentration Fluctuation During Inhalational NO Administration -- Effects of Inhaled Nitric Oxide on Circulating Blood Cells -- Acid-Base ??Lactate Metabolism -- Recent Advances in Acid-Base Physiology Applied to Critical Care -- Pivotal Role of Lactate in Aerobic Energy Metabolism -- Metabolism -- Skeletal Muscle in Critical Illness -- Metabolic Requirements of the Neurosurgical Patient -- Enteral Nutrition in the Critically 111 Patient: A Practical Approach -- Immunonutrition in Cancer Surgical Patients -- The Gut -- Ischemia/Reperfusion of the Gut -- Stress Ulceration in the Critically Ill Population -- Hemodynamic Management of Gastric Intramucosal Acidosis in Septic Patients -- Intra-Abdominal Hypertension and Intensive Care -- Head Trauma -- Pharmacological Augmentation of Endogenous Neuroprotective Responses after Traumatic Brain Injury -- Experimental and Clinical Neuroprotection: An Update -- Cerebral Extraction Monitoring in Brain Injury -- Surgery and Obstetrics -- Pediatric Problems in Heart Surgery -- Crises in Pre-Eclampsia -- ICU Performance ??Evaluation -- Performance of the ICU: Are We Able to Measure it? -- Evidence-Based Medicine: The Wolf in Sheep?셲 Clothing.
Critical care medicine.
Medicine & Public Health.
Intensive / Critical Care Medicine.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9783540637981