- Chlamydia pneumoniae and Chronic Diseases[electronic resource] :Proceedings of the State-of-the-Art Workshop held at the Robert Koch-Institut Berlin on 19 and 20 March 1999 / edited by Johanna L?셙ge-Stehr.
- L?셙ge-Stehr, Johanna., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- XVI, 203 p. 20 illus. : online resource.
- 1 Biology, Immunology and Pathology of Chlamydia Pneumoniae Infections -- 1.1 Pathogenic mechanisms of chronic Chlamydiainfections -- 1.2 Biology, immunology and persistence of Chlamydia pneumoniae: Links to chronic disease -- 1.3 Animal models for Chlamydia pneumoniae infection -- 1.4 Molecular biology and serodiagnostics of Chlamydia pneumoniae ??potential way to a vaccine -- 2 Diagnosis of Chlamydia pneumoniae Infections -- 2.1 Direct detection of Chlamydia pneumoniae in atherosclerotic plaques -- 2.2 Detection of Chlamydia pneumoniae DNA in white blood cells -- 2.3 Detection of Chlamydia pneumoniae in clinical specimens by PCR-EIA -- 2.4 State of the art in the diagnosis of acute and chronic Chlamydia pneumoniae infection -- 3 Chronic Diseases Possibly Associated with Chlamydia pneumoniae Infections -- 3.1 Epidemiological data on respiratory tract infection with Chlamydia pneumoniae and clinical complications -- 3.2 Role of C. pneumoniae in severe asthma and COPD: Epidemiology and treatment -- 3.3.1 Chlamydia pneumoniae in atherosclerosis -- 3.3.2 Prevalence of Chlamydia pneumoniae in human coronary plaques with acute coronary syndrome -- 3.3.3 Chlamydial lipopolysaccharide and atherosclerosis -- 3.3.4 Clinical trial designs to study antibiotic intervention in atherosclerosis -- 3.3.5 Why antibiotics against Chlamydia pneumoniae for treatment of atherosclerotic disease could fail -- 3.3.6 Atherosclerosis: Why the search for a causative infectious agent is not warranted -- 3.4 Chlamydia infections and arthritis -- 3.5 Chlamydia pneumoniae, APOE genotype, and Alzheimer?셲 disease -- 3.6 Association of Chlamydia pneumoniae with Multiple Sclerosis: Protocol for detection of C. pneumoniae in the CSF and summary of preliminary results -- 4 Epidemiology and Public Health Impacts of Chlamydia pneumoniae Infections -- 4.1 Trends and variations of chronic diseases in populations ??Can infectious agents help to solve the puzzles? -- 4.2 The epidemiology of Chlamydia pneumoniae versus the epidemiology of potential Chlamydial diseases (Atherosclerosis, Multiple Sclerosis, M. Alzheimer) -- 4.3 The high male mortality of coronary heart diseases can be explained as a result of chronic infection -- 4.4 The Spandauer Gesundheitstest ??Retrospective cohort study on Chlamydia pneumoniae infections and cardiovascular disease ??A study concept -- 4.5 Public health impact of atherosclerosis and Chlamydia pneumoniae infections ??What do we know and what to expect from future research -- 5 Final Discussion: Pro and Contra the Role of Chlamydia pneumoniae in Chronic Diseases -- 5 Final Discussion: Pro and Contra the Role of Chlamydia pneumoniae in Chronic Diseases.
Respiratory organs Diseases.
Medicine & Public Health.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9783540411369