Clinical ophthalmic oncology : uveal tumors [electronic resource]/
- Clinical ophthalmic oncology : uveal tumors[electronic resource]/ : edited by Bertil Damato, Arun D. Singh.
- 2nd ed.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer, 2014.
- 1 online resource.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9783642542541(pISBN), 9783642542558(eISBN)
Written by internationally renowned experts, Clinical Ophthalmic Oncology provides practical guidance and advice on the diagnosis and management of the complete range of ocular cancers. The book supplies all of the state-of-the-art knowledge required in order to identify these cancers early and to treat them as effectively as possible. Using the information provided, readers will be able to provide effective patient care using the latest knowledge on all aspects of ophthalmic oncology, to verify diagnostic conclusions based on comparison with numerous full-color clinical photographs, and to locate required information quickly owing to the clinically focused and user-friendly format. This volume, devoted solely to uveal tumors, explains the various diagnostic and biopsy techniques that may be used and describes the therapeutic options of potential value for different types of tumor.
2. Classification of Uveal Tumors
3. Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy
4. Miscellaneous Uveal Biopsy Techniques
5. Benign Melanocytic Tumors of the Uvea
6. Uveal Melanoma: Epidemiologic Aspects
7. Uveal Melanoma: Clinical Features
8. Uveal Melanoma: Differential Diagnosis
9. Uveal Malignant Melanoma: Histopathologic Features
10. Molecular Pathology of Uveal Melanoma
11. Iris Melanoma
12. Management of Patients with Posterior Uveal Melanoma
13. Uveal Malignant Melanoma: Management Options for Brachytherapy
14. Uveal Malignant Melanoma – Management Options: Proton Beam Radiotherapy
15. Stereotactic Radiotherapy of Uveal Melanoma
16. Phototherapy of Uveal Melanoma
17. Resection Techniques
18. Uveal Malignant Melanoma: The Collaborative Ocular Melanoma Study
19. Prognostic Factors in Uveal Melanoma
20. Prognostication in Choroidal Melanoma
21. Uveal Melanoma Mortality
22. Metastatic Uveal Melanoma
23. Uveal Vascular Tumors
24. Uveal Neural Tumors
25. Intraocular Manifestations of Hematopoietic Disorders
26. Uveal Myogenic, Fibrous and Histiocytic Tumors
27. Uveal Lymphoproliferative Tumors
28. Uveal Metastatic Tumors
29. Uveal Osseous Tumors
30. Bilateral Diffuse Uveal Melanocytic Proliferation