- Health care and human behavior / edited by Andrew Steptoe and Andrew Mathews.
- London ;Orlando : Academic Press, 1984.
- Steptoe, Andrew., Mathews, Andrew M.
- xii, 347 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographies and index.
- Life events, meaning and physical illness - Chronic life stress and health - Psychophysiological processes in disease - Psychological insults and pathology - Communication skills and patient care - Compliance with medical advice - Psychological care of acute coronary patients - Psychological preparation for surgery - Biofeedback, relaxation, and related procedures in the treatment of psychophysiological disorders - Behavioural interventions in cardiac rehabilitation - Psychotherapy research in oncology
- Medicine and psychology.
Medical personnel and patient.
Psychophysiologic Disorders - etiology
Psychophysiologic Disorders - therapy
- Medicine, Applications of behavioural sciences