- Human Immunodeficiency Virus type 1 (HIV-1) and Breastfeeding[electronic resource] :Science, Research Advances, and Policy / edited by Athena P. Kourtis, Marc Bulterys.
- Kourtis, Athena P., editor., Bulterys, Marc., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- XVII, 315 p. 19 illus., 11 illus. in color. : online resource.
- Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology,0065-2598 ; 743
- Breastfeeding and transmission of HIV-1: Epidemiology and Global Magnitude -- Breastfeeding and Transmission of viruses other than HIV-1 -- Breastfeeding among HIV-1-infected women: Maternal health outcomes and social repercussions -- Virologic determinants of breast milk transmission of HIV-1 -- HIV-1 resistance to antiretroviral agents: Relevance to mothers and infants in the breastfeeding setting -- Animal models of HIV transmission through breastfeeding and pediatric HIV infection -- Antiretroviral pharmacology in breast milk -- HIV-1 diagnosis of the breastfed infant -- The immune system of breast milk: antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties -- Humoral /mucosal/innate immunity in the breast milk in the context of HIV-1 infection -- Cellular immunity in breast milk: Implications for Postnatal Transmission of HIV-1 to the infant -- Antiretroviral drugs during breastfeeding for the prevention of postnatal transmission of HIV-1 -- Immune Approaches for the prevention of breast milk transmission of HIV-1 -- Non-antiretroviral approaches to prevention of breast milk transmission of HIV-1: Exclusive breastfeeding, early weaning, treatment of expressed breast milk -- Breast milk micronutrients and mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1 -- Historical perspective of African-based research on HIV-1 transmission through breastfeeding: The Malawi experience -- Breastfeeding and HIV infection in China -- The role of the President?셲 Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) in infant and young child feeding guideline development and program implementation -- Should women with HIV-1 infection breastfeed their infants? Balancing the scientific evidence, ethical issues and costs-policy considerations -- HIV-1 and Breastfeeding in the United States -- Epilogue. The future of breastfeeding in the face of HIV-1 infection: Science and Policy.
Maternal and child health services.
Medicine & Public Health.
Medicine/Public Health, general.
Maternal and Child Health.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9781461422501