- Tissue Engineering, Stem Cells, and Gene Therapies[electronic resource] / edited by Y. Murat El챌in.
- El챌in, Y. Murat., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- IX, 340 p. : online resource.
- Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology,0065-2598 ; 534
- I. Perspectives for Tissue Engineering and Stem Cells -- 1. Tissue engineering: confronting the transplantation crisis -- 2. Human embryonic stem cells-realising the potential -- 3. Human embryonic or adult stem cells: an overview on ethics and perspectives for tissue engineering -- 4. Stem cell biology and plasticity -- II. Stem Cells in Tissue Engineering and Cell - Based Therapies -- 5. Liver tissue engineering: successes and limitations -- 6. Pancreatic islet and stem cell transplantation in diabetes mellitus: results and perspectives -- 7. Cell based therapy of chronic degenerative diseases of the central nervous system -- 8. CD 34+ cells in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation -- 9. The effects of different growth factors on human bone marrow stromal cells differentiating into hepatocyte-like cells -- III. Biomarkers for Tissue-Engineered Products -- 10. Oxidative DNA damage biomarkers used in tissue-engineered skin -- 11. Biomarkers used to detect genetic damage in tissue-engineered skin -- IV. Biomaterials in Tissue Engineering and Repair -- 12. Design peptide scaffolds for regenerative medicine -- 13. Progresses in synthetic vascular prostheses: toward the endothelialization -- 14. Adhesion and growth of rat aortic smooth muscle cells on lactide-based polymers -- 15. Biodegradable copolymers carrying cell-adhesion peptide sequences -- 16. Polymer based scaffolds and carriers for bioactive agents from different natural origin materials -- 17. Preparation and characterization of natural/synthetic hybrid scaffolds -- 18. Polyhipe polymer: a novel scaffold for in vitro bone tissue engineering -- 19. Pancreatic islet culture and transplantation using chitosan and PLGA scaffolds -- V. Gene Therapy and Other Approaches -- 20. Challenges and prospects for targeted transgenesis in livestock -- 21. Controlled release of bioactive agents in gene therapy and tissue engineering -- 22. Interleukin 1 (IL-1) induces the activation of stat3 -- 23. The use of antibodies in diagnosis and therapy of cancer -- 24. Detection of phage displayed peptides with blocking ability in vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) model -- 25. Index.
Imaging / Radiology.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9781461349075