- Nutrition and Immunology[electronic resource] :Principles and Practice / edited by M. Eric Gershwin, J. Bruce German, Carl L. Keen.
- Gershwin, M. Eric., editor., German, J. Bruce., editor., Keen, Carl L., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- XIV, 505 p. : online resource.
- I. Nutritional Assessment -- 1 Application and Interpretation of Commonly Used Nutritional Assessment Techniques -- 2 Evaluating Malnutrition: What Should the Physician Look For? -- 3 Evaluation of the Immune System in the Nutritionally At-Risk Host -- II. Specific Nutrient Requirements (Normal Populations; Populations with Low Intakes, Including Teens, Females, Elderly...) -- 4 Caloric Intake: Sources, Deficiencies, and Excess ??An Overview -- 5 Protein and Amino Acids -- 6 Specific Nutrient Requirements: Trace Elements -- 7 Vitamins: Overview and Metabolic Functions -- 8 ?-Lipoic Acid: The Metabolic Antioxidant -- 9 Defining the Role of Dietary Phytochemicals in Modulating Human Immune Function -- 10 Dietary n-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Modulate T-Lymphocyte Activation: Clinical Relevance in Treating Diseases of Chronic Inflammation -- 11 Nucleotides -- III. Nutrient-Immune Interactions -- 12 Impact of Nutritional Status on Immune Integrity -- 13 Nutritional Modulation of Inflammation by Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids/Eicosanoids -- IV. Clinical Issues -- 14 Immunological Considerations of Breast Milk -- 15 Clinical Issues: Childhood Illnesses, Vaccinations, and Nutritional Status -- 16 Protein-Energy Malnutrition and Infectious Disease: Synergistic Interactions -- 17 Lipids, Inflammatory Cytokines, and Endothelial Cell Injury -- 18 Nutrition and Allergy -- 19 Adverse Reactions to Foods -- 20 Perioperative Feeding: Nutrition and Immunity -- 21 Alcohol and Immune Function -- 22 Cigarette Smoking, Substance Abuse, Nutritional Status, and Immune Function -- 23 Nutrition, Immunity, and Alternative Medicine -- 24 Obesity and Immunity -- 25 Diabetes and Immunity -- 26 Nutritional Modulation of Autoimmune Diseases -- 27 Autoimmune Diseases of the Digestive Tract -- 28 Diet and Allograft Rejection -- 29 Food Toxicology and Immunity -- 30 Interactions Between Nutrition and Immunity: Lessons from Animal Agriculture -- 31 Cancer and Nutrition -- 32 AIDS -- 33 Aging: Nutrition and Immunity -- 34 Role of Nutrition in Common Oral Diseases -- 35 The Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Chinese Herbs, Plants, and Spices -- 36 The Influence of Probiotic Organisms on the Immune Response -- 37 Nutritional Effects on the Pathogen Genome and Phenotypic Expression of Disease -- V. Future Directions -- 38 Whither Nutrition and Immunology Interactions Toward the Next Millennium? What is Past is Prologue.
Medicine & Public Health.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9781617371486