- Case studies in public health ethics / Steven S. Coughlin, Colin L. Soskolne, Kenneth W. Goodman.
- Washington, D.C. : American Public Health Assoc., c1997.
- Coughlin, Steven S., (Steven Scott),, 1957-, Soskolne, Colin L., (Colin Lionel), Goodman, Kenneth W., , 1954-
- ix, 180 p. ; 23 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contents: 1. Case analysis and moral reasoning - 2. Protection of privacy and confidentiality - 3. Informed consent in public health research - 4. Randomized controlled trials - 5. Committee review and the institutional review board system - 6. Scientific misconduct in public health research - 7. Conflicting interests and research sponsorship - 8. Intellectual property and data sharing - 9. Publication and interpretation of research findings - 10. Communication responsibilities of public health professionals - 11. Public health practice - 12. Studies of vulnerable populations - 13. Cross-cultural research - 14. Genetic research and testing - 15. HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment - 16. Allocation of scarce resources and health care reform.
- Public Health
Medical care - Moral and ethical aspects - Case studies