- The Olympic textbook of medicine in sport[electronic resource] / edited by Martin P. Schwellnus.
- Oxford, UK _ ;Hoboken, NJ _ : Wiley-Blackwell, 2008.
- Schwellnus, Martin
- IOC Medical Commission
International Federation of Sports Medicine
Wiley OnlineLibrary (Online service)
- xii, 610 p : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Encyclopaedia of sports medicine ; v. 14
- "An IOC Medical Commission publication."
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- General principles of training -- Adaptations to training -- The overtraining syndrome: diagnosis and management -- Clinical testing and assessment -- Clinical myology in sports medicine -- Cardiology -- Pulmonology -- Endocrinology -- Dermatology -- Exercise and infections -- Gastrointestinal system and exercise: a clinical approach to gastrointestinal problems encountered in athletes -- Exercise and the kidney -- Obstetrics and gynecology -- Neurological problems in sport -- Medical care of the disabled athlete -- Environmental sports medicine -- Drugs in sport -- Emergency sports medicine -- Genetics and sports participation -- Sports nutrition: practical guidelines for the sports physician
- Sports medicine
- 9781444300635, 1444300636