- ACL Injuries in the Female Athlete[electronic resource] :Causes, Impacts, and Conditioning Programs / edited by Frank R. Noyes, Sue Barber-Westin.
- Noyes, Frank R., editor., Barber-Westin, Sue., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- XIV, 534 p. 245 illus., 225 illus. in color. : online resource.
- Introduction: The ACL: Anatomy, Biomechanics, Mechanisms of Injury, and the Gender Disparity. The Impact of ACL Injuries: Short- and Long-Term Effects on the Knee Joint: Consequences of Complete ACL Ruptures -- ACL Reconstruction: Chondroprotective Effects, Risks of Reinjury. Proposed Risk Factors of Noncontact ACL Injuries: Role of Shoe-Surface Interaction and Noncontact ACL Injuries -- Neuromuscular Differences Between Men and Women -- Gender Differences in Muscular Protection of the Knee -- Effects of Alterations in Gait Mechanics on the Development of Osteoarthritis in the ACL-Deficient Knee -- Analysis of Male and Female Athletes??Muscle Activation Patterns During Running, Cutting, and Jumping -- Proximal Risk Factors for ACL Injury: Role of Core Stability -- Proximal Risk Factors for ACL Injury: Role of the Hip -- Gender Differences in Core Strength and Lower Extremity Function During the Single-leg Squat Test -- Gender Effect of Fatigue on Lower Extremity Kinematics and Kinetics During Athletic Tasks -- Testing for Neuromuscular Problems and Athletic Performance. ACL Injury Prevention Programs: Sportsmetrics ACL Intervention Training Program: Components, Results -- Sports-Specific Programs for Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis -- ACL Injury Prevention in Soccer: The Santa Monica Experience -- ACL Injury Prevention Warm-up Programs -- Effect of Intervention Programs on Reducing the Incidence of ACL Injuries, Improving Neuromuscular Deficiencies, and Enhancing Athletic Performance. Reducing the Risk of Reinjury After ACL Reconstruction: Rehabilitation After ACL Reconstruction -- Restoration of Proprioception and Neuromuscular Control Following ACL Injury and Surgery. Future Directions혻: Promotion of ACL Intervention Training Worldwide -- What We Know and Goals for Future Research.
Medicine & Public Health.
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9783642325915