- Oxidative Stress in Skeletal Muscle[electronic resource] / edited by A. Z. Reznick, L. Packer, C. K. Sen, J. O. Holloszy, M. J. Jackson.
- Reznick, A. Z., editor., Packer, L., editor., Sen, C. K., editor., Holloszy, J. O., editor., Jackson, M. J., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- XIII, 345 p. : online resource.
- MCBU Molecular and Cell Biology Updates
- Free radicals and oxidative damage in biology and medicine: An introduction -- Oxidative metabolism in skeletal muscle -- Strategies to assess oxidative stress -- The course of exercise-induced skeletal muscle fibre injury -- Free radical mechanisms in exercise-related muscle damage -- The effects of exercise, ageing and caloric restriction on protein oxidation and DNA damage in skeletal muscle -- Antioxidant enzyme response to exercise and training in the skeletal muscle -- Glutathione: A key role in skeletal muscle metabolism -- Vitamin E and its effect on skeletal muscle -- Differential susceptibility of skeletal muscle proteins to free radical-induced oxidative damage in vitro -- Oxidative stress and Ca2+ transport in skeletal and cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum -- Oxidative stress in skeletal muscle atrophy induced by immobilization -- Effect of growth hormone on oxidative stress in immobilized muscles of old animals -- The diaphragm and oxidative stress -- Oxidative damage after ischemia/reperfusion in skeletal muscle -- Oxidative damage in rat skeletal muscle after excessive L-tryptophan and atherogenic diets -- Oxidative stress and muscle wasting of cachexia -- Free radicals and antioxidants in the pathogenesis of alcoholic myopathy -- Drug-induced muscle damage -- Free radicals and diseases of animal muscle -- Therapeutic trials of antioxidants in muscle diseases.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9783034898447