- Glial ??Neuronal Signaling[electronic resource] / edited by Glenn I. Hatton, Vladimir Parpura.
- Hatton, Glenn I., editor., Parpura, Vladimir., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- XIII, 441 p. : online resource.
- 1. The glial-neuronal interactions and signaling: an introduction -- 2. Gene function in glial-neuronal interactions -- 3. Structural association of glia with the various compartments of neurons -- 4. Morphological plasticity of astroglial/neuronal interactions: functional implications -- 5. Astroglia as a modulation interface between meninges and neurons -- 6. Expression and possible functions of glutamate and GABA receptors in glial cells from the hippocampus -- 7. Ion channels in astrocytes -- 8. Specialized channels in astrocytes -- 9. Glutamate uptake by astroglia -- 10. pH regulation and acid/base-mediated transport in glial cells -- 11. Glial-neuronal interactions and brain energy metabolism -- 12. Calcium signaling in glia -- 13. Astrocyte gap junctions and glutamate-induced neurotoxicity -- 14. Mechanism and significance of astrocytic Ca2+ signaling -- 15. Glutamate-mediated bi-directional signaling between neurons and astrocytes -- 16. The regulated release of transmitters from astrocytes -- 17. Role of astrocytes in the formation, maturation and maintenance of synapses.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9781475710694