- Vitamin D[electronic resource] :Physiology, Molecular Biology, and Clinical Applications / edited by Michael F. Holick.
- Holick, Michael F., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- XXVI, 1160 p. 241 illus., 7 illus. in color. : online resource.
- Nutrition and Health
- and Basic Biology -- Vitamin D and Health: Evolution, Biologic Functions, and Recommended Dietary Intakes for Vitamin D -- Photobiology of Vitamin D -- The Functional Metabolism and Molecular Biology of Vitamin D Action -- Metabolism and Catabolism of Vitamin D, Its Metabolites and Clinically Relevant Analogs -- The Molecular Biology of the Vitamin D Receptor -- VDR and RXR Subcellular Trafficking -- Mechanism of Action of 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 on Intestinal Calcium Absorption and Renal Calcium Transport -- Biological and Molecular Effects of Vitamin D on Bone -- Biological and Molecular Effects of Vitamin D on the Kidney -- Vitamin D and the Parathyroids -- Diversity of Vitamin D Target Genes -- Non-skeletal/Functions of Vitamin D -- Extrarenal Synthesis of 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D and Its Health Implications -- Vitamin D and the Innate Immunity -- Vitamin D and Colon Cancer -- Mechanisms of Resistance to Vitamin D Action in Human Cancer Cells -- Vitamin D and the Brain: A Neuropsychiatric Perspective -- Vitamin D Modulation of Adipocyte Function -- Vitamin D Status ??Global Analysis -- Determinants of Vitamin D Intake -- 25-Hydroxyvitamin D Assays and Their Clinical Utility -- Health Disparities and Vitamin D -- Vitamin D Deficiency in Canada -- Vitamin D Deficiency and Its Health Consequences in Northern Europe -- Vitamin D Deficiency and Consequences for the Health of People in Mediterranean Countries -- Vitamin D Deficiency in the Middle East and Its Health Consequences -- Vitamin D Deficiency in the Middle East and Its Health Consequences for Adults -- Vitamin D Deficiency and Its Health Consequences in Africa -- Vitamin D Deficiency and Its Health Consequences in India -- Vitamin D Deficiency, Rickets, and Fluorosis in India -- Vitamin D in Asia -- Vitamin D Deficiency and Its Health Consequences in New Zealand -- Toxicity of Vitamin D -- Health Consequences of Vitamin D Deficiency and Resistance on Musculo Skeletal Health -- Vitamin D Deficiency in Pregnancy and Lactation and Health Consequences -- Vitamin D Deficiency in Children and Its Health Consequences -- Dietary Calcium Deficiency and Rickets -- Vitamin D in Fracture Prevention and Muscle Function and Fall Prevention -- Inherited Defects of Vitamin D Metabolism -- Molecular Defects in the Vitamin D Receptor Associated with Hereditary 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D-Resistant Rickets (HVDRR) -- Receptor-Independent Vitamin D Resistance in Subhuman and Human Primates -- 25-Hydroxyvitamin D-1?- Hydroxylase: Studies in Mouse Models and Implications for Human Disease -- Sunlight, Vitamin D and Cancer -- The Health Benefits of Solar Irradiance and Vitamin DVitamin D and the Consequences of Their Deprivation -- Vitamin D Status, Solar Radiation and Cancer Prognosis -- The Epidemiology of Vitamin D and Cancer Risk -- Vitamin D Deficiency and the Epidemiology of Prostate Cancer -- Vitamin D for Cancer Prevention and Survival -- The Anti-cancer Effect of Vitamin D: What Do the Randomized Trials Show? -- Sunlight, Skin Cancer, and Vitamin D -- Vitamin D Deficiency and Chronic Disease -- Vitamin D and the Risk of Type 1 Diabetes -- Vitamin D and Multiple Sclerosis -- Vitamin D and Type 2 Diabetes -- Role of Vitamin D for Cardiovascular Health -- Vitamin D, Renin, and Blood Pressure -- Role of Vitamin D and Vitamin D Analogs for Bone Health and Survival in Chronic Kidney Disease -- Role of Vitamin D and Ultraviolet Radiation in Chronic Kidney Disease -- Role of Vitamin D in Rheumatoid Arthritis -- Vitamin D, Respiratory Infections, and Obstructive Airway Diseases -- Clinical Uses of Vitamin D Analogues -- Treatment of Immunomediated Diseases by Vitamin D Analogs -- Clinical Utility of 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 and Its Analogues for the Treatment of Psoriasis -- Affinity Alkylating Vitamin D Analogs as Molecular Probes and Therapeutic Agents -- Anti-inflammatory Activity of Calcitriol That Contributes to Its Therapeutic and Chemopreventive Effects in Prostate Cancer.
Medicine & Public Health.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9781603273008