- Metabolism and Artificial Nutrition in the Critically Ill[electronic resource] / edited by G. Guarnieri, F. Iscra.
- Guarnieri, G., editor., Iscra, F., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- XIV, 237p. : online resource.
- Topics in Anaesthesia and Critical Care
- Basics and methods -- 1 ??Substrate metabolism in critical illness -- 2 ??Measurement of the body composition -- 3 ??Energy and ATP: Costs and benefits -- 4 ??Indirect calorimetry in the critically ill: Theoretical aspects and practical problems -- Local and systemic effects on metabolism -- 5 ??Hormonal response of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis in injury -- 6 ??Sympathetic nervous system and metabolism -- 7 ??Regional and systemic metabolic effects after surgical injury -- 8 ??What about metabolism and the glutathione system? -- 9 ??Carbohydrate and insulin activity in critically ill patients -- 10 ??Muscle catabolism, amino acid flux and protein turnover in injury -- Tpn vs ent nutrition ??cost and benefits -- 11 ??Total parenteral nutrition vs total enteral nutrition in critically ill patients: Costs and benefits -- New strategies on metabolism and nutrition -- 12 ??Hormone and growth factors in intensive care patients: Anabolic strategy or utopia? -- 13 ??Which metabolic strategies in the early phase of injury? -- 14 ??Effects of artificial nutrition on the immune system cells -- 15 ??Selective antioxidants and early artificial nutrition as prevention of multiple organ failure -- 16 ??Pharmacological nutrition in ICU patients -- Nutrition ??steps for the future -- 17 ??Metabolism and nutrition in the critically ill: Steps for the future -- Gut and nutrition -- 18 ??The gut in healthy conditions -- 19 ??The gut in local and systemic disease -- 20 ??Bacterial translocation -- 21 ??Gut and nutrients -- Old dilemma or new strategies -- 22 ??Parenteral vs enteral nutrition -- Main symbols.
Critical care medicine.
Medicine & Public Health.
Intensive / Critical Care Medicine.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9788847000421