- Portal Hypertension in the 21st Century[electronic resource] :The proceedings of a symposium sponsored by Axcan Pharma Inc. and NicOx S.A., held in Montr챕l, Canada, April 2??, 2004 / edited by R. J. Groszmann, J. Bosch.
- Groszmann, R. J., editor., Bosch, J., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- XVIII, 370 p. : online resource.
- 1 Portal hypertensive syndrome: its importance and complications -- 2 The vascular endothelium and nitric oxide -- 3 Endothelial-derived nitric oxide as a marker for healthy endothelium -- 4 Mechanisms of hepatic fibrogenesis -- 5 The role of hepatic stellate cells/myofibroblasts -- 6 Structural changes in the liver leading to cirrhosis and portal hypertension -- 7 The paradox: vasoconstriction and vasodilation -- 8 Nitric-oxide-mediated vasodilation and portal hypertension -- 9 Impaired vasodilation in cirrhotic livers -- 10 Enhanced release of vasoconstrictors -- 11 Endogenous cannabinoids and circulatory dysfunction in cirrhosis -- 12 NCX-1105: a liver-specific NO donor -- 13 Possibilities of manipulating NO biosynthesis in the treatment of portal hypertension: statins -- 14 Pathophysiological role of Akt and endothelial nitric oxide synthase in cirrhosis -- 15 Nitric oxide synthase gene transfer -- 16 Inhibition of nitric-oxide-mediated vasodilation (including K+ channels) -- 17 Esophageal varices: from appearance to rupture; natural history and prognostic indicators -- 18 Pathophysiology of variceal bleeding -- 19 Approaches to the management of pediatric portal hypertension: results of an informal survey -- 20 Therapeutic tools in portal hypertension: drugs -- 21 Endoscopy in the management of portal hypertension -- 22 Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS): current indications -- 23 Prevention of first variceal bleeding: drugs -- 24 Prevention of first variceal bleeding: endoscopy -- 25 Treatment of acute variceal bleeding: general management and prevention of infections -- 26 Hemostatic treatments -- 27 Prevention of recurrent portal hypertensive bleeding -- 28 Cost-effectiveness of primary prophylaxis for esophageal variceal bleeding -- 29 The cirrhotic patient with no varices and with small varices -- 30 Gastric varices -- 31 The patient who cannot receive beta-blockers -- 32 Hepatic venous pressure gradient: the facts -- 33 Hemodynamic monitoring: implications for randomized controlled trials and clinical practice -- 34 What to do with non-responders -- 35 What else we need.
Medicine & Public Health.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9789401037747