- Japanese and Western Bioethics[electronic resource] :Studies in Moral Diversity / edited by Kazumasa Hoshino.
- Hoshino, Kazumasa., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- XII, 247 p. : online resource.
- Philosophy and Medicine,0376-7418 ; 54
- Japanese and Western Bioethics: Studies in Moral Diversity -- I Ethical Universality and Cultural Particularity -- Bioethics in the Light of Japanese Sentiments -- Comparative Studies: Japan and America -- Nursing Perspectives in Bioethics -- The Characteristics of Japanese Concepts and Attitudes with Regard to Human Remains -- II Traditions, Authorities and Ambiguities -- Technology, Authority and the Loss of Tradition: The Roots of American Bioethics in Comparison with Japanese Bioethics -- Sanctity of Life: A Study in Ambiguity and Confusion -- Quality of Life Decisions and the Hopelessly Ill Patient: The Physician as Moral Agent and Truth Teller -- III Death, Life, and Well-Being -- Autonomy and Communitarianism: The Ethics of Terminal Care in Cross-Cultural Perspective -- A Thought on Terminal Care in Japan -- Medical Futility: Philosophical Reflections on Death -- Facing Death the Japanese Way ??Customs and Ethos -- Ethos and its Changes: A Commentary on Facing Death the Japanese Way ??Customs and Ethos -- The Concept of Happiness in Oriental Thought and its Significance in Clinical Medicine -- IV The Human Genome: Taboos and Moral Intuitions -- The Normative Status of the Human Genome: A European Perspective -- Moral Puzzles Concerning the Human Genome: Western Taboos, Intuitions, and Beliefs at the End of the Christian Era -- V Cross Cultural Diversity and Post-Traditional Morality -- Three Levels of Problems in Cross-Cultural Explorations of Bioethics: A Methodological Approach -- Moral Strangers: A Humanity that Does Not Bind -- Notes on Contributors.
- Life sciences.
Life Sciences, general.
Social Sciences, general.
Philosophy of Medicine.
Theory of Medicine/Bioethics.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9789048147199