- Biophysical Chemistry of Proteins[electronic resource] :An Introduction to Laboratory Methods / by Engelbert Buxbaum.
- Buxbaum, Engelbert., author.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- XVI, 510 p. : online resource.
- Analytical techniques. Microscopy. Single molecule techniques. Preparation of cells and tissues for microscopy. Principles of optical spectroscopy.Photometry. Fluorimetry. Chemiluminescence.Electrophoresis.Immunological methods.Isotope techniques -- Purification of proteins.Homogenisation and fractionisation of cells and tissues.Isolation of organelles. Precipitation methods.Chromatography. Membrane proteins. Determination of protein concentration.Cell culture -- Protein modification and inactivation. General technical remarks. Amine-reactive reagents. Thiol- and disulphide reactive reagents. Reagents for other groups. Cross-linkers.Detection methods. Spontaneous reactions in proteins -- Protein size and shape. Centrifugation.Osmotic pressure. Diffusion.Viscosity.Non-resonant interactions with electromagnetic waves -- Protein structure. Protein sequencing.Synthesis of peptides. Protein secondary structure. Structure of protein-ligand complexes. 3D-structures. Folding and unfolding of proteins -- Enzyme kinetics. Steady-state kinetics. Leaving the steady state: Analysis of progress curves.Reaction velocities. Isotope effects. Isotope exchange -- Protein-ligand interactions. General conditions for interpretable results. Binding equations.Methods to measure binding equilibria. Temperature effects on binding equilibrium and reaction rate -- Industrial enzymology. Industrial enzyme use.Immobilised enzymes -- Special statistics.Quality control. Testing whether or not a model fits the data -- Appendix. List of symbols.Greek alphabet. Properties of electrophoretic buffers. Bond properties. Acronyms.
- Life sciences.
Chemistry/Food Science, general.
Biophysics and Biological Physics.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9781441972507