- Pediatric Sedation Outside of the Operating Room[electronic resource] :A Multispecialty International Collaboration / edited by Keira P. Mason.
- Mason, Keira P., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- XVII, 518 p. 73 illus., 27 illus. in color. : online resource.
- Part I: Pediatric Sedation outside the Operating Room -- 1.The History of Sedation -- 2. Procedural Sedation.??Let's Review the Basics: The Pediatrician?셲 Perspective -- 3. Sedation Policies, Recommendations and Guidelines Across the Specialties and Continents -- 4.Sedation Scales and Discharge Criteria:혻 How Do They Differ? Which One to Choose? Do They Really Apply to Sedation?- 5.Physiological Monitoring for Procedural Sedation: The Routine and Beyond -- 6. The Pediatric Airway: Anatomy, Challenges, and Solutions -- 7.Pediatric Physiology:혻 How Does it Differ from Adults?- 8. Pharmacology and Clinical Application of Sedatives, Analgesics and Adjuncts -- 9.Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics in the Pediatric Population -- 10.Billing and Reimbursement for Sedation Services -- Part II: Sedation Models Delivered by Different Specialties: A Global Voyage -- 11.The Pediatric Hospital Medicine Service: Models, Protocols, and Challenges -- 12.The Anesthesia Directed Sedation Service: Models, Protocols, and Challenges -- 13.Sedation in the Intensive Care Unit: Challenges, Outcomes and Future Strategies -- 14.Sedation for Pediatric Gastrointestinal Procedures -- 15.Sedation in the Emergency Department: A Complex and Multifactorial Challenge -- 16.Sedation of Pediatric Patients for Dental Procedures -- 7. Pediatric Sedation: The European Experience and Approach -- 18.Pediatric Sedation in the Underdeveloped Third World ??An African Perspective: Models, Protocols, and Challenges -- Part III: Safety in Sedation -- 19.Pediatric Sedatives and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA): Challenges, Limitations, and Drugs in Development -- 20. Incidence and Stratification of Adverse Events Associated with Sedation: Is there a Benchmark?- 21.Medicolegal Risks and Outcomes of Sedation -- 22.Designing a Safe Pediatric Sedation Service: Adopting a New Culture -- Part IV: Sedation into the 22nd Century -- 23.Intravenous Infusions for Sedation: Rationale, State of the Art and Future Trends -- 24.Usage of Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Pediatric Sedation -- 25.Future of Pediatric Sedation -- Index.
Critical care medicine.
Medicine & Public Health.
Imaging / Radiology.
Intensive / Critical Care Medicine.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9780387097138