- Yearbook of Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine 2000[electronic resource] / edited by Jean-Louis Vincent.
- Vincent, Jean-Louis., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- XXVI, 858 p. : online resource.
- Yearbook of Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine,0942-5381 ; 2000
- Sepsis and Inflammation -- The Molecular Genetics of Sepsis: Clinical Epidemiology Considerations -- The Role of Interleukin (IL)-12 and IL-18 During Endotoxemia and Bacterial Infection -- The Apoptotic Response of the Lymphoid Immune System to Trauma, Shock, and Sepsis -- Modulation of Neutrophil Function in Sepsis -- Trauma-Induced Immunosuppression: Pathogenesis and Treatment -- The Influence of Nutrition on Mucosal Immunology and Endothelial Cell Adhesion Molecules -- Intestinal Microcirculation: Changes in Sepsis and Effect of Vasoactive Manipulation -- Microvascular Permeability in Experimental Sepsis: Mechanisms, Modulation and Management -- Infectious Challenges -- Catheter-Related Infections in the ICU -- Ecological Impact of Beta-lactam Treatment on Normal Human Intestinal Microflora -- Non-Pharmacologic Prevention of Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia (VAP) -- Fungal Infections -- Fungal Infections in Critically Ill Surgical Patients -- Candida: Some Thoughts -- Steroid Therapy -- Clinical Impact of Glucocorticoid Pharmacodynamics -- Corticosteroids in the Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome -- Corticosteroid Therapy in Critical Illness: A Changing Paradigm -- Pathophysiology of Lung Injury -- Alveolar Epithelial Barrier: Acute Lung Injury -- Pulmonary Oxygen Toxicity in Man: Emerging Concepts in Pathogenesis and Prevention -- Fibrosis in ARDS: How Close is the Link between Inflammation and Fibroproliferation? -- The Clinical Relevance of Exhaled Nitric Oxide: A Critical Review -- Acute Respiratory Failure -- Hypoxemia and Mortality in the ICU -- Diffuse Alveolar Hemorrhage in the ICU -- Optimal Positioning for the Adult Intensive Care Patient while Prone -- Mechanical Ventilation -- Utilization of Mechanical Ventilation in Critical Care -- Respiratory Physiology as a Basis for the Management of Acute Lung Injury -- High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation: A Tool to Decrease Ventilator-Induced Lung Injury? -- Extubation Failure -- Non-invasive Ventilation: Why Does It Fail? -- Surgery -- Reducing the Morbidity and Mortality of High-Risk Surgical Patients -- Causes of Oxygenation Impairment During Anesthesia -- Respiratory Function in Obese Patients in the Peri-operative Period -- Post-operative Myocardial Ischemia and Infarction -- Abdominal Crises -- Novel Strategies for the Management of Severe Acute Pancreatitis -- The Hepatorenal Syndrome -- Sedation -- Sedation in the Intensive Care Environment -- Intensive Care Sedation: The Alpha-2 Agonists -- Intravenous Fluids -- Fluid Therapy: Present Controversies -- Crystalloids versus Colloids in the Treatment of Hypovolemic Shock -- Human Albumin on the ICU: Can We Live Without It? -- Intra-operative Use of Hypertonic Solutions -- Adverse Effects of Colloids on Renal Function -- Should Old Red Cells be Transfused in Critically Ill Patients? -- Current Status of Artificial Oxygen Carriers -- Emergencies -- Intensive Care in a Forward Deployed Military Field Surgical Combat Support Hospital -- Diagnosis of Traumatic Aortic Injuries -- Diagnosis and Treatment of Hyperosmolar Emergencies -- Neurology -- Conservative and Invasive Treatment of Space-Occupying Hemispheric Stroke -- Thrombolytic Therapy for Intraventricular and Intraparenchymal Hemorrhage -- Cerebral Function in Vegetative State studied by Positron Emission Tomography -- Cardiovascular Crises -- Evaluation of Platelet Membrane Glycoproteins in Ischemic Heart Disease -- Coronary Thrombosis and Myocardial Infarction -- Diagnosis and Treatment of Tachycardias -- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation: Lessons from the Past and Trends for the Future -- Effects of Catecholamine Therapy on Regional Perfusion in Septic Shock -- ICU Monitoring -- Evaluation of Cardiac Output and Cardiac Preload -- Transesophageal Echocardiography: The Relationship between Pressure, Flow and Function -- Respiratory Changes in Arterial Pressure in Mechanically Ventilated Patients -- The Study of the Microcirculation using Orthogonal Polarization Spectral Imaging -- Assessment of Tissue Oxygenation in the Critically Ill -- Blood Gas Monitoring with Optodes -- Interpretation of Changes in Regional and Mucosal PCO2, Gradients: The Haldane Effect -- The Meaning of Lactate -- Routine Assessment of Tissue Metabolism in the Critically Ill -- ICU Costs -- The Costs of Infection in the ICU -- Costs of Antibiotic Therapy: Maximizing Effectiveness While Minimizing Cost -- Clinical Pathways as a Tool for ?쁈ntelligent??Rationing in Intensive Care -- 2000 and Beyond -- The Constraints and Necessity of Teaching Emergency Medicine to Medical Students -- ICU Organization: Does it Matter? -- Training of Young Intensivists in Management Skills for the New Millennium -- Outcome Prediction in Intensive Care -- Critical Care in the Elderly: The Final Challenge.
Critical care medicine.
Medicine & Public Health.
Intensive / Critical Care Medicine.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9783540668305