- The Management of Lithiasis[electronic resource] :The Rational Deployment of Technology / edited by Jamsheer Talati, Roger A. L. Sutton, Farhat Moazam, Mushtaq Ahmed.
- Talati, Jamsheer., editor., Sutton, Roger A. L., editor., Moazam, Farhat., editor., Ahmed, Mushtaq., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- XIX, 352 p. : online resource.
- Developments in Nephrology ; 38
- Section I: Epidemiology and Aetiology of Urinary Tract Calculi -- 1 Urolithiasis: Composition, symptomatology and pathology -- 2 Radiology in urolithiasis -- 3 Epidemiology of urolithiasis in Pakistan -- 4 Urolithiasis in the Middle East: Epidemiology and pathogenesis -- 5 Epidemiology of urolithiasis in the Western world -- 6 Metabolic and dietary risk factors for urolithiasis -- 7 Oxalate and urolithiasis -- 8 Familial clustering and sex incidence of urolithiasis -- Section II: Choices in the Management Of Urinary Tract Calculi -- 9 Decisions! Decisions -- 10 Advantages and hazards of open surgery -- 11 Choices, limitations, hazards and value of technology in the treatment of lithiasis -- 12 Bioeffects of shock waves: An overview -- 13 Laser fragmentation of urinary calculi -- 14 ESWL today: Spectrum of stone disease treated on the extracorporeal lithotriptor -- 15 Manageent of renal stones by operation -- 16 ESWL for kidney stones and options for calyceal calculi -- 17 Percutaneous nephrolithotomy for renal stones -- 18 Management of staghorn calculi -- 19 Management of ureteric stones -- 20 Clinical results of laser fragmentation of ureteric stones -- 21 Management of vesical and urethral stones -- Section III: Enhancement of Efficacy and Safety of Treatment -- 22 Patients at risk for excessive post-ESWL bleeding -- 23 Patients with pacemakers -- 24 Safeguarding foetus and gonads -- 25 Other high-risk patients -- 26 The role of ESWL in patients with leprosy and stone disease -- 27 Factors determining need for multiple treatments on the Dornier HM -- 28 Factors determining need for multiple treatments: Decisions based on stone bulk, composition and acoustic efficiency -- 29 Prevention of steinstrasse -- 30 Urinary tract infection, stones and ESWL -- 31 The judicious use of stents -- 32 Protection of hospital personnel -- Section IV: High Technology at Affordable Cost -- 33 Introduction: High technology at affordable cost -- 34 The economics of stone disease therapy: An economist?셲 views -- 35 Selecting a lithotriptor: Hospital perspectives -- 36 Lithotriptor sharing -- 37 Cost factors in equitable care -- 38 Commencing and expanding lithotripsy services -- 39 Financing the lithotriptor -- Section V: Prevention of Urinary Tract Calculi -- 40 Introduction: Prevention of urinary tract calculi -- 41 The residual calcular fragment: A risk factor for recurrent stone disease -- 42 Primary hyperparathyroidism in urinary tract stone disease in Pakistan and the West -- 43 The role of diet in the prevention of urolithiasis -- 44 Systematic follow-up of patients with recurrent nephrolithiasis: A guide for the practising urologist -- 45 Follow-up of urolithiasis patients: A guide for urologists in developing countries -- Section VI: Paediatric Urolithiasis -- 46 Urolithiasis in children -- Section VII: Biliary Tract Stones -- 47 ESWL in gallstone therapy: History, current status and expectations -- 48 Current management of gallstone disease: Perspective from a developing country -- Epilogue -- Appendix: Non-visual laser Lithotripsy T. K. Shah, Z. X. Jiang, G. W. Watson.
Medicine & Public Health.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9789401062701