Clinical ophthalmic oncology: basic principles and diagnostic techniques [electronic resource]
- Clinical ophthalmic oncology:basic principles and diagnostic techniques[electronic resource] / Arun D. Singh, Bertil Damato, editors.
- 2nd ed.
- Berlin : Springer, 2014.
- 1 online resource.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Eye Neoplasms
- 9783642404887, 9783642404894
Written by internationally renowned experts, Clinical Ophthalmic Oncology provides practical guidance and advice on the diagnosis and management of the complete range of ocular cancers. The book supplies all of the state-of-the-art knowledge required in order to identify these cancers early and to treat them as effectively as possible. Using the information provided, readers will be able to provide effective patient care using the latest knowledge on all aspects of ophthalmic oncology, to verify diagnostic conclusions based on comparison with numerous full-color clinical photographs, and to locate required information quickly owing to the clinically focused and user-friendly format. This volume provides essential information on cancer epidemiology, etiology, pathology, angiogenesis, immunology, genetics, and staging systems and explains the principles underlying different therapeutic approaches
2. Etiology of Cancer
3. Cancer Pathology
4. Cancer Angiogenesis
5. Immunology of Ocular Tumors
6. Cancer Genetics
7. Cancer Staging
8. Principles of Cryotherapy
9. Principles of Laser Therapy
10. Principles of Radiation Therapy
11. Ocular Complications of Radiotherapy
12. Principles and Complications of Chemotherapy
13. Targeted Therapy and Their Ocular Complications
14. Counseling Patients with Cancer
15. Cataract Associated with Intraocular Tumors
16. Tumor-Associated Glaucoma
17. Graft-Versus-Host Disease
18. Uveal Tumors: Diagnostic Techniques: Angiography
19. Diagnostic Techniques: Optical Coherence Tomography
20. Diagnostic Techniques: Autofluorescence
21. Diagnostic Techniques: Ophthalmic Ultrasonography