Pediatric hand therapy [electronic resource]
- Pediatric hand therapy[electronic resource] / [edited by] Joshua M. Abzug, Scott H. Kozin, Rebecca Neiduski.
- Philadelphia, PA : Elsevier, 2020.
- 1 online resource.
Get a quick, expert overview of optimal therapeutic interventions for pediatric patients with musculoskeletal conditions of the hand. This concise resource by Drs. Joshua Abzug, Scott Kozin, and Rebecca Neiduski offers practical recommendations and guidelines along with key background information, for a well-rounded, concise perspective on hand therapy for children. You’ll benefit from the knowledge and experience of orthopaedic surgeons and other members of the rehabilitation care team who provide a real-world, multidisciplinary approach to this complex field.
2. Hand Function : Typical Development
3. Physical Examination of the Pediatric Upper Extremity
4. Outcome Measures
5. Splinting, Taping, and Adaptation
6. Pediatric Hand Therapy—Prosthetics and Training
8. Rehabilitation of the Pediatric Upper Extremity Congenital Part II—Polydactyly
9. Congenital II : Radial Longitudinal Deficiency and Thumb Hypoplasia
11. Brachial Plexus Birth Palsy—Introduction and Initial Treatment
12. Brachial Plexus : Primary Surgery
13. Brachial Plexus Pre- and Post-Op Management : Secondary
14. Cerebral Palsy
15. Tetraplegia : Nerve and Tendon Transfers
16. Multiligamentous Laxity
17. Rheumatologic Disorders
18. Fractures : Hand and Wrist
19. Fractures of the Pediatric Elbow and Shoulder
20. Tendon Injuries and Trigger Digits
21. Surgical and Therapeutic Management of Volkmann’s Ischemic Contracture and Free Functional Muscle Transfer
22. Amputations and Replants
23. Pediatric Hand Burn Therapy Chapter
24. Pediatric Sports Injuries : Little League Elbow, Osteochondritis Dissecans of the Elbow, Gymnast Wrist
25. Pediatric Hand Therapy—Sports Shoulder : Throwing Athletes