- The CAPRISA Clinical Trials: HIV Treatment and Prevention[electronic resource] / edited by Quarraisha Abdool Karim, Salim S. Abdool Karim, Cheryl Baxter.
- Abdool Karim, Quarraisha., editor., Abdool Karim, Salim S., editor., Baxter, Cheryl., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- VI, 243 p. 24 illus., 23 illus. in color. : online resource.
- Part I. Introduction -- Studies Linked to the Evolving HIV Epidemic in South Africa: Informing the CAPRISA Scientific Agenda -- CAPRISA: Establishing A Research Center to Undertake HIV Clinical Trials -- Overview of Clinical Trials -- Part II. CAPRISA Clinical Trials for HIV and HSV-2 Prevention -- Antiretrovirals for HIV Prevention -- Rolling out of tenofovir gel in family planning clinics: the CAPRISA 008 implementation trial -- Conditional cash transfers to reduce HIV risk in young women: the CAPRISA 007 cluster randomised control trial -- HIV vaccine and passive immunity trials -- Part III: CAPRISA Clinical Trials for HIV?밫B Treatment -- CAPRISA 003: Timing of antiretroviral initiation in HIV-TB co-infected patients - The SAPiT Trial -- Scaling up TB-HIV integration in public health clinics: translating research findings into practice -- Part IV: Experiences and lessons learnt from clinical trials in CAPRISA -- Lessons from the Acute Infection Study: from Bench to Bedside -- Understanding sexual HIV transmission in women by focusing on the genital mucosa -- Part V: Essential support activities for the conduct of clinical trials -- Good practices in conducting clinical trials: Good Participatory Practice, Good Pharmacy Practice and Good Laboratory Practice -- Grants Management -- Taking science to the people: communication and media strategies for clinical trials -- Looking ahead: What Does the Future Hold for CAPRISA? -- Appendix -- Index. .
Medicine & Public Health.
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9783319475172