Histidine phosphorylation : methods and protocols [electronic resource]
- Histidine phosphorylation :methods and protocols[electronic resource] / edited by Claire E. Eyers.
- New York : Humana Press, 2020.
- Eyers, Claire E.
- 1 online resource.
- Methods in Molecular Biology ; 2077
- 9781493998838, 9781493998845
This volume details the current understanding of roles and regulation on histidine phosphorylation, describing methods for the characterization of protein phosphorylation on histidine. Chapters guide readers through in vitro systems, cell-based systems, comprehensive background review articles on histidine kinases and phosphatases. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory prools, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
2. A High-throughput Strategy for Recombinant Protein Expression and Solubility Screening in Escherichia coli - A Case of Sensor Histidine KinaseAgnieszka Szmitkowska, Blanka Pekarova, and Jan Hejatko
3. SDS-PAGE and Dot Blot Autoradiography: Tools for Quantifying Histidine Kinase AutophosphorylationJonathan T. Fischer, Ilana Heckler, and Elizabeth M. Boon
4. A Quantitative Method for the Measurement of Protein Histidine PhosphorylationPaul V. Attwood
5. Analysis of 1- and 3-phosphohistidine (pHis) Protein Modification using Model Enzymes Expressed in BacteriaAlice K. M. Clubbs Coldron, Dominic P. Byrne, and Patrick A. Eyers
6. Determination of Phosphohistidine Stoichiometry in Histidine Kinases by Intact Mass SpectrometryLauren J. Tomlinson, Alice K. M. Clubbs Coldron, Patrick A. Eyers, and Claire E. Eyers
7. Protein Phosphohistidine Phosphatases of the HP SuperfamilyDaniel J. Rigden
8. In Vitro Assays for Measuring Protein Histidine Phosphatase ActivityBrandon S. McCullough and Amy M. Barrios
9. Structural and Functional Characterization of Autophosphorylation in Bacterial Histidine KinasesLaura Miguel-Romero, Cristina Mideros-Mora, Alberto Marina, and Patricia Casino
10. Manipulation of Bacterial Signalling using Engineered Histidine KinasesKimberly A. Kowallis, Samuel W. Duvall, Wei Zhao, and W. Seth Childers
11. Development of a Light-Dependent Protein Histidine KinaseAleksandra Bury and Klaas J. Hellingwerf
12. Empirical Evidence of Cellular Histidine Phosphorylation by Immunoblotting using pHis mAbsRajasree Kalagiri, Kevin Adam, and Tony Hunter
13. Immunohistochemistry (IHC): Chromogenic Detection of 3-Phosphohistidine Proteins in Formaldehyde-Fixed, Frozen Mouse Liver Tissue Sections Natalie Luhtala and Tony Hunter
14. Subcellular Localisation of Histidine Phosphorylated Proteins through Indirect ImmunofluorescenceKevin Adam and Tony Hunter
15. High throughput Characterisation of Histidine Phosphorylation sites using UPAX and Tandem Mass SpectrometryGemma Hardman and Claire E. Eyers
16. Proteome Bioinformatics Methods for Studying Histidine PhosphorylationAndrew R Jones and Oscar Martin Camacho