Evidence-based practice of critical care [electronic resource]
- Evidence-based practice of critical care[electronic resource] / edited by Clifford S. Deutschman, Patrick J. Neligan.
- 3rd ed.
- Philadelphia, PA : Elsevier, 2020.
- 1 online resource.
Approach any critical care challenge using a practical, consistent strategy based on best practices with Evidence-Based Practice of Critical Care, 3rd Edition. Unique, question-based chapters cover the wide variety of clinical options in critical care, examine the relevant research, and provide recommendations based on a thorough analysis of available evidence. Drs. Clifford S. Deutschman and Patrick J. Nelligan, along with nearly 200 critical-care experts, provide a comprehensive framework for translating evidence into practice, helping both residents and practitioners obtain the best possible outcomes for critically ill patients.
2. Do protocols/guidelines actually improve outcomes?
3. What happens to critically ill patients after they leave the ICU?
4. What can be done to enhance recognition of the post-ICU syndrome (PICS)? What can be done to prevent it? What can be done to treat it?
5. How have genomics informed our understanding of critical illness?
6. Is oxygen toxic?
7. What is the role of noninvasive respiratory support and high-flow nasal cannula in the intensive care client?
8. What is the role of PEEP and recruitment maneuvers in ARDS?
9. What is the best way to wean and liberate patients from mechanical ventilation?
10. How does mechanical ventilation damage lungs? What can be done to prevent it?
11. How should exacerbations of COPD be managed in the intensive care unit?
12. Is diaphragmatic dysfunction a major problem following mechanical ventilation?
13. ARDS: Are the current definitions useful?
14. What are the pathologic and pathophysiologic changes that accompany ARDS?
15. What factors predispose patients to acute respiratory distress syndrome?
16. What is the best mechanical ventilation strategy in ARDS?
17. Is carbon dioxide harmful or helpful in ARDS?
18. Does patient positioning make a difference in ARDS?
19. Do inhaled vasodilators in ARDS make a difference?
20. Does ECMO work?
21. What lessons have we learned from epidemiologic studies of ARDS?
22. What are the long-term outcomes after ARDS?
23. How do I approach fever in the intensive care unit and should fever be treated?
24. What fluids should be given to the critically ill patient? What fluids should be avoided?
25. Should blood glucose be tightly controlled in the intensive care unit?
26. Is there a role for therapeutic hypothermia in critical care?
27. How do I manage the morbidly obese critically ill patient?
28. How do I safely transport the critically ill patient?
29. What are the causes of and how do I treat critical illness neuropathy/myopathy?
30. What is sepsis? What is septic shock? What are mods and persistent critical illness?
31. How do I identify the patient with “sepsis”?
32. Is there immune suppression in the critically ill patient - pro?
33. Is there immune suppression in the critically ill patient—con?
34. Does the timing of antibiotic administration matter in sepsis?
35. What is the role of vasopressors and inotropes in septic shock?
36. Does monitoring the microcirculation make a difference in sepsis? Outcome?
37. Are we getting any better at diagnosing sepsis?
38. Do the surviving sepsis campaign guidelines work?
39. Has outcome in sepsis improved? What works? What does not?
40. What happens to the autonomic nervous system in critical illness?
41. Is persistent critical illness a syndrome of ongoing inflammation/immunosuppression/catabolism?
42. How do I optimize antibiotic use in critical illness?
43. How do I identify pathologic organisms in the 21st century?
44. How do I diagnose and manage catheter-related bloodstream infections?
45. How do I manage central nervous system infections (meningitis/encephalitis)?
46. How can biomarkers be used to differentiate between infection and non-infectious causes of inflammation?
47. What is ventilator-associated pneumonia? How do I diagnose it? How do I treat it?
48. What is the role of invasive hemodynamic monitoring in critical care?
49. Does the use of echocardiography aid in the management of the critically ill?
50. How do I manage hemodynamic decompensation in a critically ill patient?
51. What are the best tools to optimize the circulation?
52. How should cardiogenic shock be managed (including assist devices)?
53. How do I manage acute heart failure?
54. How do I diagnose and manage myocardial ischemia in the ICU?
55. How do I prevent or treat atrial fibrillation in postoperative critically ill patients?
56. How do I rapidly and correctly identify acute kidney injury?
57. What is the role of renal replacement therapy in the intensive care unit?
58. What is the value of nondialytic therapy in acute kidney injury?
59. How should acid-base disorders be diagnosed?
60. Is hyperchloremia harmful?
61. Dysnatremias—what causes them and how should they be treated?
62. Why is lactate important in critical care?
63. How does critical illness alter metabolism?
64. How should traumatic brain injury be managed?
65. How should aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage be managed?
66. How should acute ischemic stroke be managed in the intensive care unit?
67. How should status epilepticus be managed?
68. When and how should I feed the critically ill patient?
69. What does critical illness do to the liver?
70. How do I manage a patient with acute liver failure?
71. Is there a place for anabolic hormones in critical care?
72. How do I diagnose and manage acute endocrine emergencies in the ICU?
73. What is the current role for corticosteroids in critical care?
74. How should trauma patients be managed in the intensive care unit?
75. What is abdominal compartment syndrome and how should it be managed?
76. How should patients with burns be managed in the intensive care unit?
77. What is the best approach to resuscitation in trauma?
78. How do I diagnose and treat major gastrointestinal bleeding?
79. How should the critically ill pregnant patient be managed?
80. How do I diagnose and manage patients admitted to the intensive care unit after common poisonings?
81. When is transfusion therapy indicated in critical illness and when is it not?
82. Is there a role for granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and/or erythropoietin in critical illness?
83. What anticoagulants should be used in the critically ill patient? How do I choose?
84. Is there a better way to deliver optimal critical care services?
85. How do critical care pharmacists contribute to team-based care?
86. What is the role of advanced practice nurses and physician assistants in the ICU?
87. Do the guidelines for brain death determination need to be revised?
88. How do I diagnose, treat, and reduce delirium in the intensive care unit?
이 도서의 다른 판차
|Evidence-based practice of critical care||Clifford S. Deutschman||1 E-Book||2010||연세의학도서관 ScienceDirect E-Book||616.028|