Basic neurobiology techniques [electronic resource]
- Basic neurobiology techniques[electronic resource] / edited by Nicholas J.D. Wright.
- Totowa, NJ : Humana Press, 2020.
- 1 online resource.
- Neuromethods,0893-2336 ; 152
- 9781493999439, 9781493999446
This volume explores the latest techniques and improved methods used to study important neurobiological and associated neuropathological conditions. Chapters cover topics such as new application of semiconductor quantum dots as photostable fluorophores used for labeling and tracking; GCaMP6 transcranial imaging to monitor neural activity; the patch-clamping technique allowing simultaneous monitoring of membrane currents and optical signals; and quantifying behavioral dysfunction caused by traumatic brain injury (TBI). In Neuromethods series style, chapters include the kind of detail and key advice from the specialists needed to get successful results in your laboratory.
Lauren D. Field, YungChia Chen, and James B. Delehanty
2. Injection of Adeno-Associated Virus Containing Optogenetic and Chemogenetic Probes into the Neonatal Mouse Brain
Nhan C. Huynh, Baher A. Ibrahim, Christopher M. Lee, Mickeal N. Key, and Daniel A. Llano
3. Guide to Transcranial Imaging of Sound-Evoked Activity in the Auditory Cortex of GCaMP6s Mice In Vivo
Georgiy Yudintsev, Christopher M. Lee, Alexander R. Asilador, and Daniel A. Llano
4. A Novel Pre-Clinical Rat Model of Alzheimer’s Disease
Karim A. Alkadhi
5. Using Zebrafish to Study and Visualize Barriers of the CNS
Robyn Anne Umans
6. Photometric Patch Electrode to Simultaneously Measure Neural Electrical Activity and Optical Signal in the Brain Tissue
7. Patch-Clamp Fluorometry and Its Applications to the Study of Ion Channels
Estéban Suárez-Delgado and León D. Islas
8. Modeling Early-Onset Post-Ischemic Seizures in Adult and Aging Mice
Liang Zhang, Chiping Wu, and Justin Wang
9. Modeling Psychological Trauma in Rats
10. Extending the Life-Span of Acute Neuronal Tissue for Imaging and Electrophysiological Studies
Yossi Buskila, Alba Bellot-Saez, Orsolya Kékesi, Morven Cameron, and John Morley
11. Confocal Imaging of Fast Flash Photolysis of Caged Compounds in Cultured Neurons
Eduard Korkotian and Menahem Segal
12. Analysis of the Functional States of an Astrocyte Syncytium
Yixing Du, Conrad M. Kiyoshi, David Terman, and Min Zhou
13. Assessment of Behavioral Dysfunction following Experimental Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Shruti V. Kabadi and Kimberly R. Byrnes