Disorders of the rotator cuff and biceps tendon : the surgeon's guide to comprehensive management [electronic resource]
- Disorders of the rotator cuff and biceps tendon :the surgeon's guide to comprehensive management[electronic resource] / [edited by] Matthew T. Provencher, Brian J. Cole, Anthony A. Romeo, Pascal Boileau and Nikhil N. Verma.
- Philadelphia, PA : Elsevier, 2020.
- 1 online resource.
With a concise, expert focus on one of today’s hottest topics in shoulder surgery, Disorders of the Rotator Cuff and Biceps Tendon provides thorough, up-to-date coverage of all aspects of this fast-changing area. This unique volume covers everything from physical examination and imaging workup to state-of-the-art treatment methodologies and clinical indications for operative techniques. Designed with the clinician in mind, it offers a comprehensive, well-illustrated approach in an easy-to-read format, supplemented by surgical videos created by leaders in the field.
1. Clinical Anatomy of the Rotator Cuff
2. Arthroscopic Anatomy of the Shoulder and Cuff
3. Biomechanics and Clinical Functionof the Rotator Cuff
4. What Happens With Cuff Tears? : Natural History and Epidemiology
5. Rotator Cuff History and Physical Exam
6. Imaging for Rotator Cuff Pathology
7. Impingement Syndrome : Diagnosis and Management
8. Nonoperative Care of Rotator Cuff Disorders : Physical Therapy, Modalities, and Injectables
9. When to Fix a Cuff Tear : Surgical Indications
10. Anchors and Fixation Devices for Cuff Tears : What Is the State of the Art?
11. Patient Positioning and Anesthesia for Rotator Cuff Surgery
12. Surgical Management of Impingement Syndrome and AC Joint Arthrosis
13. Open and Mini-Open Rotator Cuff Repair : State of the Art
14. Transitioning From Open to Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair : Pearls for Success
15. Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair : Instruments, Portal Placement, and Devices
16. What Type of Rotator Cuff Tear Is This? Tear Pattern Recognition and Soft-Tissue Releases
17. Calcific Tendinopathy
18. Arthroscopic Management of Partial-Thickness Rotator Cuff Tears (PASTA) In Situ and Takedown Techniques
19. Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair : Single-Row Repair (Classic)
20. Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair: Double-Row Surgical Techniques
21. Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair: Double-Row (Knotted Anchors Medial and Lateral)
22. Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair : Double Row
23. When and How to Use Patches
24. Enhancing the Healing Environment : Cuff Biologies
25. Arthroscopic Management of Massive Rotator Cuff Tears
26. Subscapularis Tendon Tears : Arthroscopic Management
27. Shoulder Instability with a Rotator Cuff Tear : Management of the Cuff and Labrum
28. Shoulder Stiffness (Adhesive Capsulitis) With A Rotator Cuff Tear : How to Manage
29. Greater and Lesser Tuberosity Fractures
30. The Suprascapular Nerve in the Setting of Rotator Cuff Pathology
31. Postoperative Rehabilitation Following Rotator Cuff Repair
32. Outcomes Following Rotator Cuff Repair : Are We Doing Better?
33. The Failed Rotator Cuff Repair : Evaluation and Surgical Management
34. Evaluation and Management of the Persistently Painful Stiff Shoulder Following Rotator Cuff Repair
35. Arthroscopic Trillat Procedure for Recurrent Anterior Shoulder Instability With Associated Irreparable Rotator Cuff Tear
36. Rotator Cuff Arthropathy : What Is It?
37. Tendon Transfers for the Rotator Cuff Deficient Shoulder
38. Hemiarthroplasty for Rotator Cuff Deficiency : Indications and Technique
39. Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty for Cuff Deficiency : Rationale and Mechanics
40. Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty for Cuff Deficiency : Surgical Technique
41. Tendon Transfers With a Reverse Arthroplasty : When and How?
42. Superior Labrum and Long Head of the Biceps
43. Slap Tears : How to Diagnose
44. SLAP II Tears : Evaluation and Surgical Techniques for Fixation
45. How to Deal With Higher-Grade (Advanced) SLAP Lesions : Treatment of Type III, IV and V SLAP Tears
46. Current Techniques for Biceps Tenodesis
47. Long Head of the Biceps Tenodesis : Proximal Soft Tissue Fixation Without Anchors
48. Disorders of the Biceps Labral Complex : Arthroscopic Sub-Deltoid Tenodesis
49. Long Head of the Biceps Tendon Tenodesis : Subpectoral (Distal) Technique
50. Failed SLAP Tear : Diagnosis and Management
51. The Proximal Long Head Biceps Tendon (LHBT) Rupture : LHBT Tenodesis for Symptomatic Chronic Ruptures and Revision LHBT Tenodesis
52. Arthroscopic Management of Spinoglenoid and Suprascapular Notch Cysts
53. Arthroscopic Management of Combined Pathology : SLAP and Rotator Cuff Tears
54. Management of the Throwing Shoulder With a SLAP Tear