Principles and Practices of DNA Analysis: A Laboratory Manual for Forensic DNA Typing [electronic resource]
- Principles and Practices of DNA Analysis:A Laboratory Manual for Forensic DNA Typing[electronic resource] / by Hirak Ranjan Dash, Pankaj Shrivastava, Surajit Das.
- 1st ed.
- New York, NY : Humana, 2020.
- XIX, 344 p. 107 illus., 76 illus. in color. : online resource.
- Springer Protocols Handbooks,1949-2448
- Module 1_Overview of forensic DNA analysis -- Module 2_Manual Extraction of DNA from biological samples -- Module 3_Automatic and semi-automatic extraction of DNA from biological samples -- Module 4_Qualitative and quantitative assessment of extracted DNA -- Module 5_Amplification of various STR markers using multiplex PCR.-Module 6_Genotyping and analysis of Results -- Module 7_Case studies -- Module 8_Advanced technologies for forensic DNA analysis.
- Forensic science.
Forensic Science. http://scigraph.springernature.com/things/product-market-codes/B23000
Animal Genetics and Genomics. http://scigraph.springernature.com/things/product-market-codes/L32030
Nucleic Acid Chemistry. http://scigraph.springernature.com/things/product-market-codes/L14011
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9781071602737
The book presents hands-on protocols for conventional and advanced forensic DNA fingerprinting experiments. It includes manual, semi-automatic, and advanced automatic techniques for DNA extraction from different biological samples. It also discusses various qualitative and quantitative approaches for the assessment of extracted forensic DNA. It contains protocols for the amplification of short tandem repeat markers (STRs) for the amplification-based target enrichment of the forensic samples. Further, it examines genotyping of the STR loci through capillary electrophoresis and includes real-world case studies where forensic DNA analysis has been used in the criminal and civil disputes. The book concludes by presenting technological developments in the field of DNA forensic analysis. Suitable for beginners, it is a key reference resource on a wide variety of DNA profiling techniques and applications