Botulinum toxin in facial rejuvenation [electronic resource]
- Botulinum toxin in facial rejuvenation[electronic resource] / [edited by] Kate Coleman.
- 2nd ed.
- London : Elsevier, 2020.
- Coleman, Kate
- 1 online resource.
Now thoroughly revised to reflect state-of-the-art advances in the field, Botulinum Toxin in Facial Rejuvenation, 2nd Edition, covers the entire range of the use of botulinum toxin for cosmetic purposes. Dr. Kate Coleman offers practical guidance for safe handling, selection and assessment of patients, potential complications and pitfalls, and aesthetic techniques, as well as comparative modalities and long-term management. This is an ideal resource for anyone who offers this sought-after procedure, including cosmetic surgeons, oculoplastic surgeons, dermatologists, physician’s assistants, and registered nurses.
1. Historical background
2. Botulinum toxin: Mode of action and serotypes
3. Clinical indications and use
4. Patient preparation and injection skills
5. Patient selection: The art of understanding neuromodulation and symmetry
6. The art of patient selection and short- and long-term management
7. Contraindications and complications
8. Management of crow’s feet
9. Management of forehead wrinkles
10. Treatment of the perioral region, the neck and scars
11. Other solutions