- NanoCellBiology of Secretion[electronic resource] :Imaging Its Cellular and Molecular Underpinnings / by Bhanu P. Jena.
- Jena, Bhanu P., author.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- XII, 70 p. 38 illus., 33 illus. in color. : online resource.
- SpringerBriefs in Biological Imaging,2193-3359
- Understanding live cells at the single molecule level is the most important and single major challenge facing biology and medicine today. Over the past 15 years, there has been a renewed understanding of living cells at the molecular level. Atomic Force Microscopy, Laser Force Microscopy, single secretory vesicle patch clamp studies, highresolution electron microscopy, and x-ray diffraction, are some of the tools now being used to unravel the intricacies of a living cell at the molecular level. Opening with an explanation of Materials and Methods, NanoCellBiology then moves through discussions of porosome discovery, calcium and SNARE-induced fusion, and vesicle swelling before winding up in a final chapter of conclusions and future studies. Succinctly packaged as SpringerBrief, this book is a must for those studying or conducting research in cell biology, biochemistry or nanobiology/nanotechnology.혻This book will be invaluable to faculty & graduate students involved in Nano Courses; Cell Biology Courses; Biophysics Courses; and Biochemistry Courses as well as practicing Cell Biologists, Biochemists and BioPhysicists. Table of contetns: Introduction -- Materials & Methods -- Porosome Discovery -- 혻Calcium & SNARE-Induced Membrane Fusion -- SNAREs need to reside in opposing membrane -- Membrane curvature dictates SNARE size -- Disassembly of membrane-associated SNARE complex -- CD spectroscopy confirm membrane requirement for t-/v-SNARE assembly -- SNAREs br ing opposing bilayers closer for calcium bridging -- Membrane lipids influence SNARE complex assembly-disassembly -- Vesicle swelling and content expulsion during cell secretion -- Secretory vesicle swelling is required for intravesicular content expulsion -- Molecular mechanism of secretory vesicle swelling -- Presence of beta receptors at the secretory vesicle membrane -- Conclusion and future studies.
- Life sciences.
Nanoscale Science and Technology.
- 기본자료 저록
- Springer eBooks
- 기타형태 저록
- Printed edition: 9781461424376