- Data Type
- Genetics of Mate Choice: From Sexual Selection to Sexual Isolation[electronic resource] / edited by W. J. Etges, M. A. F. Noor.
- Etges, W. J., editor., Noor, M. A. F., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Phy Desc.
- IX, 254 p. : online resource.
- Total State.
- Contemporary Issues in Genetics and Evolution,0929-712X ; 9
- Contents Note
- Divergence in mate choice systems: does evolution play by rules? -- Recombination and the divergence of hybridizing species -- The evolution of hybrid infertility: perpetual coevolution between gender-specific and sexually antagonistic genes -- Modelling the evolution of female choice strategies under inbreeding conditions -- Single gene mutations in Drosophila: what can they tell us about the evolution of sexual behaviour? -- Sexual signaling and speciation, a microevolutionary perspective -- Reproductive isolation in natural populations of Drosophila melanogaster from Brazzaville (Congo) -- Genetics of sexual isolation based on courtship song between two sympatric species: Drosophila ananassae and D. pallidosa -- Evolutionary experiments on mate recognition in the Drosophila serrata species complex -- Herbivorous insects: model systems for the comparative study of speciation ecology -- The inheritance of mating songs in two cryptic, sibling lacewing species (Neuroptera: Chrysopidae: Chrysoperla) -- Divergence and reproductive isolation in the early stages of speciation -- Genetic and behavioral components of the cryptic species boundary between Laupala cerasina and L. kohalensis (Orthoptera: Gryllidae) -- Domesticated birds as a model for the genetics of speciation by sexual selection -- Patterns of inheritance of mating signals in interspecific hybrids between sailfin and shortfin mollies (Poeciliidae: Poecilia: Mollienesia) -- Variation in female mate choice within guppy populations: population divergence, multiple ornaments and the maintenance of polymorphism -- Sexual isolation and speciation in bacteria -- Mutation and premating isolation -- Female choice in Drosophila: evidence from Hawaii and implications for evolutionary biology -- Acknowledgements for refereeing -- Subject and species index.
- Topical Term
- Life sciences.
- Host Item
- Springer eBooks
- Additional Item
- Printed edition: 9789401039581