- Data Type
- Vitamin A and Retinoids: An Update of Biological Aspects and Clinical Applications[electronic resource] / edited by Maria A. Livrea.
- Livrea, Maria A., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Phy Desc.
- XI, 300 p. : online resource.
- Total State.
- MCBU Molecular and Cell Biology Updates
- Contents Note
- Factors affecting blood levels of vitamin A -- Enzymology and biogenesis of retinoic acid -- Requirements and safety of vitamin A in humans -- Current views on carotenoids: biology, epidemiology and trials -- The role of vitamin A in visual transduction -- The role and evolutionary development of retinoic-acid signalling in the eye -- Vitamin A, retinoids and immune responses -- Vitamin A and infectious diseases -- Retinoid metabolism in the embryo -- Physiologically-based pharmacokinetic scaling in retinoid developmental toxicity -- Retinoic acid receptors in normal and neoplastic haematopoietic cells -- Modulation of nuclear vitamin D signalling by retinoids -- Pharmacology and molecular mechanisms of retinoid action in skin -- Synthetic retinoids and their usefulness in biology and medicine -- Proposed role of gap junctional communication in retinoid-induced suppression of proliferation and inhibition of neoplastic transformation -- Effects of all-trans retinoic acid and 13-cis retinoic acid on breast cancer cell lines -- Retinoids and interferons: combination studies in human cancer -- Treatment of acute promyelocytic leukemia with all-trans retinoic acid -- Bioactivities of N-(4-hydroxyphenyl) retinamide -- Therapeutic uses of retinoids in skin diseases -- Retinoid treatment of photoaged skin -- Therapeutic uses of retinoic acid receptor antagonists and inverse agonists.
- Topical Term
- Host Item
- Springer eBooks
- Additional Item
- Printed edition: 9783034895743