- Data Type
- Primary and Secondary Preventive Nutrition[electronic resource] / edited by Adrianne Bendich, Richard J. Deckelbaum.
- Bendich, Adrianne., editor., Deckelbaum, Richard J., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Phy Desc.
- XIV, 465 p. : online resource.
- Total State.
- Nutrition and Health
- Contents Note
- I Introduction -- 1 Preventive Nutrition: A Historic Perspective and Future Economic Outlook -- II Cancer -- 2 Vitamin Supplements and Cancer Risk: Epidemiologic Research and Recommendations -- 3 Soy and Cancer Prevention -- 4 Micronutrients as Intermediate Biomarkers in Chemotherapy and Enhancement for Cancer Treatments -- III Cardiovascular/Renal Disease, Diabetes, and Obesity -- 5 Health Effects of Trans Fatty Acids -- 6 Antioxidant Vitamins and Atherosclerosis -- 7 Oxidative Stress and Antioxidants in Type 2 Diabetes -- 8 Hyperhomocysteinemia, Diabetes, and Cardiovascular Disease -- 9 Genetic and Environmental Influences on Obesity -- 10 Obesity and Insulin Resistance in Childhood and Adolescence -- 11 Can Childhood Obesity Be Prevented? -- 12 Obesity and Chronic Disease: Impact of Weight Reduction -- 13 Meal Replacement Products and Fat Substitutes in Weight Control and Maintenance -- IV Growth, Immunity, and Infection -- 14 Role of Long-Chain Polyunstaturated Fatty Acids in Infant Growth and Development -- 15 Vitamin A-Related Childhood Blindness, Mortality, and Morbidity: Interventions for Prevention -- 16 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids and Autoimmune Diseases -- V Bone Diseases -- 17 Osteoarthritis: Role of Nutrition and Dietary Supplement Interventions -- 18 Calcium Requirements During Treatment of Osteoporosis in Women: Calcium Supplements Alone and in Association with Antiresorptive Drugs in Osteoporosis -- VI Critical Issues for the 21st Century -- 19 Preventive Nutrition Issues in Ethnic and Socioeconomic Groups in the United States -- 20 Micronutrient Deficiencies: First Link in a Chain of Nutritional and Health Events in Economic Crises -- 21 Alcohol: The Balancing Act -- 22 Health Claims for Foods and Dietary Supplements in the United States and Japan -- 23 Incorporating Preventive Nutrition into Medical School Curricula -- 24 Preventive Nutrition Throughout the Life Cycle: A Cost-Effective Approach to Improved Health -- VII Nutrition-Related Resources -- Books Related to Primary and Secondary Preventive Nutrition -- Websites of Interest.
- Topical Term
Medicine & Public Health.
- Host Item
- Springer eBooks
- Additional Item
- Printed edition: 9781617371738