- Data Type
- In vivo Models of HIV Disease and Control[electronic resource] / edited by Herman Friedman, Steven Specter, Mauro Bendinelli.
- Friedman, Herman., editor., Specter, Steven., editor., Bendinelli, Mauro., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Phy Desc.
- XVIII, 436 p. : online resource.
- Total State.
- Infectious Diseases and Pathogenesis,1075-1289
- Contents Note
- Historical Perspective -- Animal Model Systems of HIV-Diseases -- Chemokines and Their Receptors and the Neuropathogenesis of HIV-1 Infection -- SCID Mice Transplanted With Human Cells as Small Animal Models in AIDS Research -- SIV as a Model for AIDS Pathogenesis Studies -- SIV Infection of Macaques as a Model for AIDS Drug Studies -- FIV as a Model for HIV: An Overview -- FIV as a Model for AIDS Pathogenesis Studies -- Drugs of Abuse, AIDS, and the FIV Model -- FIV as a Model for AIDS Vaccine Studies -- FIV as a Model for HIV Treatment -- Equine Infectious Anemia Virus as a Model for Lentiviral Pathogenesis -- Studies of the Structure of Caprine Arthritis-Encephalitis Virus Surface Envelope Glycoprotein -- Ethical Issues in the Use of Animal Models of Infection and Some Practical Refinements -- Future Perspectives.
- Topical Term
Medicine & Public Health.
- Host Item
- Springer eBooks
- Additional Item
- Printed edition: 9780387257402