- Data Type
- Selective COX-2 Inhibitors[electronic resource] :Pharmacology, Clinical Effects and Therapeutic Potential / edited by John Vane, Jack Botting.
- Vane, John., editor., Botting, Jack., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Phy Desc.
- IX, 150 p. : online resource.
- Contents Note
- List of Contributors -- Preface -- 1 Mechanism of action of anti-inflammatory drugs: an overview -- 2 The structure of human COX-2 and selective inhibitors -- 3 Differential inhibition of COX-1 and COX-2 by NSAIDS: a summary of results obtained using various test systems -- 4 COX-2 in brain and retina: role in neuronal survival -- 5 COX-2 and apoptosis: NSAIDs as effectors of programmed cell death -- 6 Inhibition of intestinal tumorigenesis via selective inhibition of COX-2 -- 7 Cyclooxygenase enzymes in human vascular disease -- 8 Gastrointestinal effects of NSAIDs -- 9 Renal side effects of NSAIDs: role of COX-1 and COX-2 -- 10 Aspirin-induced asthma and cyclooxygenases -- 11 New classification of aspirin-like drugs -- 12 New highly selective COX-2 inhibitors -- 13 Specific COX-2 inhibitors: from bench to bedside -- 14 Meloxicam: selective COX-2 inhibition in clinical practice.
- Topical Term
- Host Item
- Springer eBooks
- Additional Item
- Printed edition: 9789401060417