- Data Type
- Heme Oxygenase in Biology and Medicine[electronic resource] / edited by Nader G. Abraham.
- Abraham, Nader G., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Phy Desc.
- XIX, 515 p. : online resource.
- Contents Note
- Section I. Physiology/pathology of heme Oxygenase and its Products, Carbon Monoxide and Bilirubin -- 1. Development of Heme Oxygenase Inhibitors for the Prevention of Severe Jaundice in Infants: Studies from Laboratory Bench to New Nursery -- 2. Carbon Monoxide: A Potential Antiinflammatory Agent and Mediator of Lung Anti-Oxidant Defenses -- 3. Correlation of the Altered Vascular Effects of Carbon Monoxide and the Cardiovascular Complications of Diabetes -- 4. Endogenous Carbon Monoxide Has Protective Roles in Neointimal Development Elicited by Arterial Injury -- 5. End Tidal Breath Carbon Monoxide (ETCO) Levels in Pregnant Women -- 6. The Role of Heme Oxygenase in Pregnancy -- 7. Increased Carbon Monoxide in Exhaled Air in Patients with Inflammatory Respiratory Diseases -- 8. Carbon Monoxide and Iron, by Products of Heme Oxygenase, Modulate Vasular Endothelial Growth Factor Synthesis in Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells -- Section II. Physiological Function of heme Oxygenase and the central Nervous System -- 9. CO and Neonatal Cerebral Circulation -- 10. Differential Expression of Heme Oxygenase-1 in Rat Brain by Endotoxin (LPS) -- 11. Role of Heme Catabolism in Neurodegenerative Diseases -- 12. Heme Oxygenase-1 and Alzheimer Disease -- 13. Early Molecular Mechanisms for the Induction of Neuronal Membrane Asymmetry and Genomic DNA Cleavage -- 14. Heme Oxygenase (HO)-1 Expressing Macrophages/Microglial Cells Accumulate during Oligodendroglioma Progression -- Section III. Clinical Omplications of heme Oxygenase System in Inflammation -- 15. Heme Oxygenase and Ocular Surface Inflammation -- 16. Targeted Expression of Heme Oxygenase-1 and Pulmonary Responses to Hypoxia -- 17. Heme Oxygenase in Skeletal Muscle: Role in Septic Diaphragmatic Failure -- 18. Heme Oxygenase-1 (HO-1): Multiple Effects of a Protective Gene That Prevents Graft Rejection -- 19. Thioredoxin Facilitates The Induction of Heme Oxygenase-1 in Response to Inflammatory Mediators -- Section IV. Heme Oxygenase and Cardiovascular System -- 20. Induction of Heme Oxygenase-1 as a Protective Response Against Heme Protein-Induced Renal Injury -- 21. Regulation and Role of Heme Oxygenase-1 in Glomerulonephritis -- 22. Heme Oxygenase-1 Mediates Atrial Natriuretic Peptide Induced Protection of Renal Cells From Cyclosporin Toxicity -- 23. Heme Oxygenase and Atherosclerosis -- 24. Atherogenicity of Hypercholesterolemia in the Precense of Hemolysis in Spite of Heme Oxygenase-1 Induction: A Possible Consequence of its Interaction with Plasma Lipoproteins -- 25. Anti-Atherogenic Properties of Heme Oxygenase -- 26. Heme Oxygenase and the Novel Tumour-Specific Anti-Vascular Compound Combretastatin A4-Phosphate -- 27. The Heme Oxygenase/Carbon Monoxide System In Hepatobiliary Pathophysiology -- Section V. Heme Oxygenase System and Oxidative Stress Response -- 28. Human Heme Oxygenase (HO)-1 Deficiency and the Oxidative Injury of Vascular Endothelial Cells -- 29. Heme Oxygenase Induction in Liver Cells by Hepatocyte Growth Factor and Oxidative Stress -- 30. Response of Heme Oxygenase and Telomerase Enzymes to Oxidative Stress in Human Hepatoma Cell Line (HepG2) -- 31. The Influence of Glucuronidation on In Vitro Assessment of Bilirubin Production as Measure of HO Activity: Studies in Microsomal and Cellular Systems -- 32. Molecular Mechanism of Heme Oxygenase-1 Gene Induction by Activation of the Protein Kinase A-Dependent Signaling Pathway -- 33. Regulation of Heme Oxygenase-1 Gene Transcription Via the Stress-Response Element -- 34. Heme Oxygenase-1: A Major Player in the Defense Against the Oxidative Tissue Injury -- 35. Heme Oxygenase, Ginkgo Biloba Extract and its Terpenoids Protect Myocytes Against Oxidative Injury -- 36. Tobacco-Smoke-Inducible Human Heme Oxygenase-1 Gene Expression: Role of Distinct Transcription Factors and Reactive Oxygen Intermediates -- 37. Doppel Protein Expression Correlates with Heme Oxygenase 1 and Nitric Oxide Synthase Induction -- 38. Generation of Nitric Oxide and Carbon Monoxide Provide Protection Against Cardiac Anaphylaxis -- Section VI. The Network of Heme Oxygenase and Program cell Growth and Death -- 39. Heme Oxygenase-1 Inhibits Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell Proliferation -- 40. Induction of Apoptosis in Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells by Heme Oxygenase-1-Derived Carbon Monoxide -- 41. Role of Heme Oxygenase in Angiogenesis and Renal Carcinoma -- 42. On the Promoting Action of Tamoxifen In the p-Dimethylaminoazobenzene Induced Hepatocarcinogenesis CF1 Mice Model and the Cytoprotective Role of Heme Oxygenase -- 43. Human Heme Oxygenase Gene Transfer Promotes Body Growth and Normalizes Blood Pressure in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats Without Affecting Sprague-Dawley Rats.
- Topical Term
Medicine & Public Health.
- Host Item
- Springer eBooks
- Additional Item
- Printed edition: 9781461352198