- Data Type
- Genetic Resources of Mediterranean Pasture and Forage Legumes[electronic resource] / edited by Sarita Jane Bennett, P. S. Cocks.
- Bennett, Sarita Jane., editor., Cocks, P. S., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Phy Desc.
- 245 p. : online resource.
- Total State.
- Current Plant Science and Biotechnology in Agriculture,0924-1949 ; 33
- Contents Note
- 1. Introduction: Role of pasture and forage legumes in mediterranean farming systems -- 2. Reproductive strategies and genetic structure of wild and naturalised legume populations -- 3. Reasons for collecting wild plants -- 4. Using collections to describe ecological relationships -- 5. Ecogeography and genetic conservation -- 6. Genetic erosion of pasture and forage legumes in the Mediterranean basin -- 7. Sampling wild legume populations -- 8. The need to collect new pasture and forage species -- 9. The host-rhizobia relationship -- 10. The agronomic purpose of evaluation: Relating nurseries to field situations -- 11. Evaluation of the feeding value of pasture legumes -- 12. The influence of storage conditions on seed viability -- 13. The characterisation and preliminary evaluation of Medicago and Trifolium germplasm -- 14. Plant genetic resources programme in Turkey with special reference to forage legumes -- 15. Forage and pasture legume genetic resources at ICARDA -- 16. From free access to fair trade: Political dimensions of collecting in situ plant genetic resources for food and agriculture (PGRFA) -- 17. A generic conspectus of the forage legumes of the Mediterranean basin -- 18. Conservation and utilisation of agricultural diversity in Greece. Current status and perspectives -- 19. Conserving plant genetic resources in Cyprus -- 20. Observations on the distribution and ecology of annual Medicago species in northern Tunisia.
- Topical Term
- Life sciences.
- Host Item
- Springer eBooks
- Additional Item
- Printed edition: 9789401060073