- Data Type
- Prevention of Skin Cancer[electronic resource] / edited by David Hill, J. Mark Elwood, Dallas R. English.
- Hill, David., editor., Elwood, J. Mark., editor., English, Dallas R., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Phy Desc.
- IX, 328 p. : online resource.
- Total State.
- Cancer Prevention ??Cancer Causes,1568-2595 ; 3
- Contents Note
- The scope of the book -- Who gets skin cancer: individual risk factors -- Solar and ultraviolet radiation -- Stratospheric ozone depletion, UV exposure and skin cancer: a scenario analysis -- Descriptive epidemiology of skin cancer -- How sun exposure causes skin cancer: an epidemiological perspective -- The role of genetics in the prevention of skin cancer -- Sunscreens: can they prevent skin cancer? -- Issues about solaria -- Animal models of ultraviolet radiation-induced skin cancer -- Skin cancer induction by UV radiation: molecular UV targets and quantitative risk models -- Patterns and causes of sun exposing and sun protecting behavior -- What can be done to reduce personal ultraviolet radiation exposure? -- Impact of intervention strategies to reduce UVR exposure -- Skin cancer prevention: an economic perspective -- Conclusions.
- Topical Term
Medicine & Public Health.
- Host Item
- Springer eBooks
- Additional Item
- Printed edition: 9789048163465