- Data Type
- Receptor and Ion Channel Detection in the Brain[electronic resource] :Methods and Protocols / edited by Rafael Lujan, Francisco Ciruela.
- Lujan, Rafael., editor., Ciruela, Francisco., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Phy Desc.
- XVIII, 475 p. 84 illus., 57 illus. in color. : online resource.
- Total State.
- Neuromethods,0893-2336 ; 110
- Contents Note
- Preface -- Production of high-quality antibodies for the study of receptors and ion channels in brain -- Co-immunoprecipitation from brain -- Sub-synaptic membrane fractionation -- Investigation of 혻neurotransmitter receptors in brain slices using cell surface biotinylation -- Single nanoparticle tracking of surface ion channels and receptors in brain cells -- Radioligand binding detection of receptors in brain membranes -- Recombinant Alphavirus-Mediated Expression of Ion Channels and Receptors in the Brain -- Fluorescent ligands and TR-FRET to study receptor-receptor interactions in the brain -- In situ Proximity Ligation Assay to study and understand the distribution and balance of GPCR homo- and heteroreceptor complexes in the brain -- Fluorescent in situ hybridization for sensitive and specific labeling -- Autoradiographic visualization of G protein-coupled receptors in brain -- Analysis of the expression profile and regional distribution of neurotransmitter receptors and ion channels in the central nervous system using histoblots -- Immunohistochemistry for ion channels and their interacting molecules: Tips for improving antibody accessibility -- Localization of GFP-tagged proteins at the electron microscope -- Pre-embedding methods in the localization of receptors and ion channels -- Post-embedding immunohistochemistry in the localization of receptors and ion channels -- High-Resolution localization of membrane proteins by SDS-digested freeze-fracture replica labelling (SDS-FRL) -- Application of virus vectors for anterograde tract-tracing and single-neuron labeling studies -- Analysis of synaptic connections using viral vectors at the electron microscopic level -- Morphological and neurochemical characterization of electrophysiologically identified cells -- Using electrophysiology to study synaptic and extrasynaptic ionotropic receptors in hippocampal neurons -- Biophysical methods to analyze direct G-protein regulation of neuronal voltage-gated calcium channels -- Electrophysiological recordings in behaving animals -- Voltammetry in behaving animals -- In vivo brain microdialysis of monoamines -- Calcium transients in single dendrites and spines of pyramidal neurons in vitro -- Dynamic recording of membrane potential from hippocampal neurons by using a FRET-based voltage biosensor -- Determination of GPCR-mediated cAMP accumulation in rat striatal synaptosomes -- GPCR-mediated MAPK/ERK cascade activation in brain slices -- Index.
- Topical Term
- Host Item
- Springer eBooks
- Additional Item
- Printed edition: 9781493930630