Lung Cancer: Methods and Protocols [electronic resource]
- Data Type
- Lung Cancer:Methods and Protocols[electronic resource] / edited by Pedro G. Santiago-Cardona.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- New York, NY : Humana, 2021.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Phy Desc.
- XIV, 258 p. 45 illus., 43 illus. in color. : online resource.
- Total State.
- Methods in Molecular Biology,1064-3745 ; 2279
- Contents Note
- Automated TTF-1 Immunohistochemistry Assay for the Differentiation of Lung Adenocarcinoma Versus Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma -- Immunohistochemical Detection of p40 Expression in Lung Cancer Clinical Samples -- Automated Immunohistochemistry Assay for the Detection of Napsin-A in Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Tissues from Lung Tumors -- Detection of Programmed Cell Death Ligand 1 Expression in Lung Cancer Clinical Samples by an Automated Immunohistochemistry System -- Western Blot as a Support Technique for Immunohistochemistry to Detect Programmed Cell Death Ligand 1 Expression -- Creation of Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded 3D Lung Cancer Cellular Spheroids for the Optimization of Immunohistochemistry Staining Procedures -- Immunoblot Validation of Phospho-Specific Antibodies Using Lung Cancer Cell Lines -- Detection of Non-Small Lung Cell Carcinoma-Associated Genetic Alterations Using a NanoString Gene Expression Platform Approach -- A PCR-Based Approach for Driver Mutation Analysis of EGFR, KRAS, and BRAF Genes in Lung Cancer Tissue Sections -- Six-Color CrystalTM Digital PCR for the High-Plex Detection of EGFR Mutations in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer -- Detection of MET Exon 14 Skipping Alterations in Lung Cancer Clinical Samples Using a PCR-Based Approach -- Immunocytochemical Detection of ALK and ROS1 Rearrangements in Lung Cancer Cytological Samples -- A Method for the Establishment of Human Lung Adenocarcinoma Patient-Derived Xenografts in Mice -- A Method for the Establishment and Characterization of Mouse Lung Adenocarcinoma Cell Lines that Mimic Traits of Human Adenocarcinomas -- Whole Transcriptome Sequencing Analysis of Cancer Stem/Progenitor Cells Obtained from Mouse Lung Adenocarcinomas -- In Vivo Imaging of Orthotopic Lung Cancer Models in Mice -- An Annexin V- FITC - Propidium Iodide-Based Method for Detecting Apoptosis in a Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Cell Line -- Detection of DNA Adduct Formation in Rat Lungs by a Micro-HPLC/MS/MS Approach -- A Method for Liposome Co-Encapsulation of Phenethyl Isothiocyanate and Cisplatin and Determining its Toxicity against Lung and Lung Cancer Cells.
- Topical Term
- Cancer research
This detailed book serves as a laboratory manual containing vital protocols and in-depth discussion involving commonly used experimental approaches for the characterization of several aspects of lung tumor biology. Beginning with an extensive section on biomarker detection, the volume continues with chapters on the genetic and molecular characterization of lung cancer biological samples as well as protocols for the generation of research tools and pre-clinical lung cancer models. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and practical, Lung Cancer: Methods and Protocols provides a global perspective of research efforts related to lung cancer, while allowing researchers to experimentally probe the different aspects of lung cancer research, including the experimentally relevant tests used in the establishment of lung cancer diagnosis and prognosis, in their laboratories.