- Data Type
- Nineteenth International Seaweed Symposium[electronic resource] :Proceedings of the 19th International Seaweed Symposium, held in Kobe, Japan, 26-31 March, 2007. / edited by Michael A. Borowitzka, Alan T. Critchley, Stefan Kraan, Akira Peters, Kjersti Sj첩tun, Masahiro Notoya.
- Borowitzka, Michael A., editor., Critchley, Alan T., editor., Kraan, Stefan., editor., Peters, Akira., editor., Sj첩tun, Kjersti., editor., Notoya, Masahiro., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Phy Desc.
- XLVII, 549 p. : online resource.
- Total State.
- Developments in Applied Phycology ; 2
- Contents Note
- Advances in cultivation of Gelidiales -- Production, use and fate of Chilean brown seaweeds: re-sources for a sustainable fishery -- Cultivation of the green alga, Codium fragile (Suringar) Hariot, by artificial seed production in Korea -- Distribution and symptoms of epiphyte infection in major carrageenophyte-producing farms -- The occurrence of pinhole disease in relation to developmental stage in cultivated Undaria pinnatifida (Harvey) Suringar (Phaeophyta) in Korea -- The potential for seaweed resource development in subarctic Canada; Nunavik, Ungava Bay -- The characterization of color mutations in Bangiaceae (Bangiales, Rhodophyta) -- Public health and carrageenan regulation: a review and analysis -- Effect of alkali treatment time and extraction time on agar from Gracilaria vermiculophylla -- Effects of extraction parameters on gel properties of carrageenan from Kappaphycus alvarezii (Rhodophyta) -- Gel-forming structures and stages of red algal galactans of different sulfation levels -- Carrageenan of Eucheuma isiforme (Solieriaceae, Rhodophyta) from Nicaragua -- Some properties of alginate gels derived from algal sodium alginate -- Growth and carrageenan quality of Kappaphycus striatum var. sacol grown at different stocking densities, duration of culture and depth -- Purification and characterization of a N-acetylglucosaminidase produced by Talaromyces emersonii during growth on algal fucoidan -- Essential role of seaweed cultivation in integrated multi-trophic aquaculture farms for global expansion of mariculture: an analysis -- Opportunities and challenges for the development of an integrated seaweed-based aquaculture activity in Chile: determining the physiological capabilities of Macrocystis and Gracilaria as biofilters -- Integrated seaweed cultivation on an abalone farm in South Africa -- Determining the most appropriate feeding regime for the South African abalone Haliotis midae Linnaeus grown on kelp -- Palm oil mill effluent (POME) cultured marine microalgae as supplementary diet for rotifer culture -- Seaweed micropropagation techniques and their potentials: an overview -- Seaweed protoplasts: status, biotechnological perspectives and needs -- Preparation of protoplasts from Laminaria japonica using native and recombinant abalone alginate lyases -- Protoplast isolation and regeneration from Gracilaria changii (Gracilariales, Rhodophyta) -- Callus induction and micropropagation improved by colchicine and phytoregulators in Kappaphycus alvarezii (Rhodophyta, Solieriaceae) -- Bioactive volatile compounds from marine algae: feeding attractants -- Liquid seaweed extracts identified using 1H NMR profiles -- The use of HRMAS NMR spectroscopy to study the in vivo intra?밹ellular carbon/nitrogen ratio of Solieria chordalis (Rhodophyta) -- Growth, pigments, UV-absorbing compounds and agar yield of the economic red seaweed Gracilaria lemaneiformis (Rhodophyta) grown at different depths in the coastal waters of the South China Sea -- Changes of growth characteristics and free amino acid content of cultivated Porphyra yezoensis Ueda (Bangiales Rhodophyta) blades with the progression of the number of harvests in a nori farm -- Environment determines nitrogen content and stable isotope composition in the sporophyte of Undaria pinnatifida (Harvey) Suringar -- Antioxidant activities of phlorotannins isolated from Japanese Laminariaceae -- Algicidal activity of polyunsaturated fatty acids derived from Ulva fasciata and U. pertusa (Ulvaceae, Chlorophyta) on phytoplankton -- Potential use of seaweeds in the laying hen ration to improve the quality of n-3 fatty acid enriched eggs -- Physiological differences in the growth of Sargassum horneri between the germling and adult stages -- Effects of temperature, photosynthetic photon flux density, photoperiod and O2 and CO2 concentrations on growth rates of the symbiotic dinoflagellate, Amphidinium sp. -- Photosynthetic and respiratory responses of Gracilaria vermiculophylla (Ohmi) Papenfuss collected from Kumamoto, Shizuoka and Iwate, Japan -- In situ study of relative electron transport rates in the marine macroalga Fucus vesiculosus in the Baltic Sea at different depths and times of year -- Effects of photon flux density and agricultural fertilizers on the development of Sarcothalia crispata tetraspores (Rhodophyta, Gigartinales) from the Strait of Magellan, Chile -- Effects of kinetin and nitrogen on growth rates, pigment and protein contents in wild and phycoerythrin-deficient strains of Hypnea musciformis (Rhodophyta) -- Rapid and slow modulation of nitrate reductase activity in the red macroalga Gracilaria chilensis (Gracilariales, Rhodophyta): influence of different nitrogen sources -- Molecular characterization of four genes involved in sulfur metabolism in Porphyra purpurea (Roth) C. Agardh -- Floating period of Sargassacean thalli estimated by the change in density -- Abundance of drifting seaweeds in eastern East China Sea -- Diversity, biomass and distribution pattern of Sargassum beds in the South West lagoon of New Caledonia (South Pacific) -- Sargassum muticum (Yendo) Fensholt in Ireland: an invasive species on the move -- Effect of seawater temperature on the productivity of Laminaria japonica in the Uwa Sea, southern Japan -- Eisenia bicyclis bed coverage off Oshika Peninsula, Japan, in relation to sporophyte survival and Strongylocentrotus nudus abundance -- Algal communities at Gouqi Island in the Zhoushan archipelago, China -- A field test of porous carbonated blocks used as artificial reef in seaweed beds of Ecklonia cava -- Seaweed of the littoral zone at Cove Island in Long Island Sound: annual variation and impact of environmental factors -- Gametophyte-sporophyte coalescence in populations of the intertidal carrageenophyte Mazzaella laminarioides (Rhodophyta) -- Growth and survival performance of the gametophyte of Gigartina skottsbergii (Rhodophyta, Gigartinales) under defined nutrient conditions in laboratory culture -- UVB effects on early developmental stages of commercially important macroalgae in southern Chile -- Can macroalgae recover, 13혻months after the 2004 Tsunami?: a case study at Talibong Island, Trang Province, Thailand -- Differing patterns of hsp70 gene expression in invasive and native kelp species: evidence for acclimation-induced variation -- Early development of germlings of Sargassum thunbergii (Fucales, Phaeophyta) under laboratory conditions -- Seaweeds preferred by herbivorous fishes -- Making the links: towards a global taxonomy for the red algal genus Porphyra (Bangiales, Rhodophyta) -- Cryptic diversity, biogeography and genetic variation in Northeast Pacific species of Porphyra sensu lato (Bangiales, Rhodophyta) -- Taxonomy and distribution of Sargassum (Phaeophyceae) in the Gulf of Thailand -- Phylogeography of the genus Ulva (Ulvophyceae, Chlorophyta), with special reference to the Japanese freshwater and brackish taxa -- Observations on the division characterization of diploid nuclear in Porphyra (Bangiales, Rhodophyta).
- Topical Term
- Life sciences.
Life Sciences, general.
Freshwater & Marine Ecology.
- Host Item
- Springer eBooks
- Additional Item
- Printed edition: 9781402096181