- Data Type
- Nitrogen Fixation with Non-Legumes[electronic resource] :Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Nitrogen Fixation with Non-Legumes, held 16??1 October 1996 in Faisalabad, Pakistan / edited by Kauser A. Malik, M. Sajjad Mirza, J. K. Ladha.
- Varying Title
- Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Nitrogen Fixation with Non-Legumes, held 16-21 October 1996 in Faisalabad, Pakistan
- Malik, Kauser A., editor., Mirza, M. Sajjad., editor., Ladha, J. K., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Phy Desc.
- XXII, 362 p. : online resource.
- Total State.
- Developments in Plant and Soil Sciences ; 79
- Contents Note
- Opening lecture -- 1. Biological nitrogen fixation by endophytic diazotrophs in non-leguminous crops in the tropics -- Section I Biochemistry and genetics of diazotrophs -- 2. Analysis of nitrogen fixation and regulatory genes in the sugar cane endophyte Acetobacter diazotrophicus -- 3. Functional analysis of a cloned nifA homologous gene of Azospirillum brasilense Yu62 -- 4. Identification of plant growth hormones produced by bacterial isolates from rice, wheat and kallar grass -- Section II Ecophysiological studies for the improvement of plant?봫icrobe interaction -- 5. The rice endophytic diazotroph and PGPR -- 6. Effect of Azospirillum inoculation on growth and N2 fixation of maize subjected to different levels of FYM using 15N-dilution method -- 7. Contribution of non-leguminous biofertilizers to rice biomass, nitrogen fixation and fertilizer-N use efficiency under flooded soil conditions -- 8. Detection of inoculated plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria in the rhizosphere of rice -- Posters -- 9. Salt tolerance of diazotroph Alaligenes faecalis and its salt-tolerant association with host rice -- 10. Interaction of Azorhizobium caulinodans with different rice cultivars for increased N2-fixation -- 11. Response of wheat to an associative diazotroph inoculums under different rates of nitrogen fertilizer -- 12. Effects of high temperature on nitrogen fixation in soybean cultivars -- 13. Effect of plant growth regulators and Rhizobium inoculums on N2-fixation and yield of chickpea -- Section III Paranodulation and forced association of diazotrophs with non-legumes -- 14. Prospects for facilitated evolution of effective N2-fixing associations with cereals: comparative performance of Azospirillum brasilense Sp7-S with various free-living diazotrophs in para-nodulated wheat -- 15. Transgenic rice plants with Parasponia haemoglobin gene and its expression -- 16. Cell structure of pseudonodules formed on the roots of barley and rice -- Posters -- 17. Induction of paranodulation by 2,4-D, IAA and tryptophan in wheat inoculated with various diazotrophs -- 18. Optimizing zinc and phosphate statuses for enhancing field colonization and contribution of the symbiotic association Azolla-Anabaena to rice performance -- 19. Enhancement of rice performance and incidence of natural fungal and insect damage with cyanobacterization, microelements, combined nitrogen and certain pesticides -- Section IV Molecular biology of plant-diazotroph interaction -- 20. Colonization and nifH expression on rice roots by Alcaligenes faecalis A15 -- 21. Responses of Azospirillum brasilense to salinity stress -- 22. Studies on the diploid indeterminate nodule-forming plant Melilotus alba Desr., white sweetclover -- Section V Molecular probes in taxonomy and ecology of diazotrophs -- 23. Isolation and identification of diazotrophic bacteria from rice, wheat and kallar grass -- Section VI Applicability and agronomic importance of associative diazotrophs -- 24. Diazotrophs associated with non-legumes grown in sandy soils -- 25. Effect of inoculation with nitrogen-fixing Klebsiella on potato yield -- 26. Responses of rice plants to inoculation with Azospirillum sp. under field conditions -- Posters -- 27. BGA technology for rice cultivation in northern India -- 28. Modified combined carbon N-deficient medium for isolation, enumeration and biomass production of diazotrophs -- 29. Contribution of integrated symbiotic and associative systems of biological nitrogen fixation to N-status of intercropped legumes and non-legumes in sandy soils of Egypt -- 30. Some physiological studies of diazotrophic bacteria associated with maize in a temperate and a tropical soil -- 31. In-vitro propagation using phytohormones produced by associative diazotrophs -- 32. Effect of inoculation of Azotobacter and PSM on fertilizer economy, plant growth and yield of winter maize -- 33. Accumulation of radionuclides by associative bacteria and the uptake of 134Cs by the inoculated barley plants -- 34. The influence of chosen fungicides on Azospirillum dinitrogen fixation in the soil -- Section VII Methodologies for assessing nitrogen fixation -- 35. Evaluation of biological nitrogen fixation associated with non-legumes -- 36. Use of 15N isotope dilution method to quantify nitrogen fixation in legumes and its potential use for non-legumes -- Section VIII Actinorhizal and cyanobacterial association -- 37. Competitivity and persistence of Frankia in a managed environment -- 38. Symbiotic association between Frankia and actinorhizal plants -- 39. Ecophysiological studies of cyanobacteria in paddy soils of Bangladesh -- 40. Cyanobacterial root nodules in Tribulus terrestris L. (Zygophyllaceae) -- Posters -- 41. Use of Azolla as biofertilizer to enhance crop yield in a rice-wheat cropping system under mild climate.
- Topical Term
- Life sciences.
Soil Science & Conservation.
- Host Item
- Springer eBooks
- Additional Item
- Printed edition: 9789401062022