Neurosurgical Robotics [electronic resource]
- Data Type
- Neurosurgical Robotics[electronic resource] / edited by Hani J. Marcus, Christopher J. Payne.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- New York, NY : Humana, 2021.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Phy Desc.
- 1 online resource.
- Total State.
- Neuromethods,0893-2336 ; 162
- Contents Note
- Basic Concepts in Robotics -- Supervisory-Control in Neurosurgical Robotics -- A Teleoperated Surgical Robot System -- Shared-Control Robots -- Translation -- Robot-Assisted Brain Biopsy -- Robot-Assisted Deep Brain Stimulation -- Robot-Assisted Stereoelectroencephalography Implantation -- Robot-Assisted Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy -- Robotic Automated Skull-Base Drilling -- Robot-Assisted Pituitary Surgery -- Robot-Assisted Pedicle Screw Placement -- Robot-Assisted Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion -- Robot-Assisted Paravertebral Schwannoma Resection -- Early Developments, Current Systems, and Future Directions.
- Host Item
- Springer Nature eBook
This volume introduces engineers and healthcare professionals to the latest in neurosurgical robotic technology. The chapters in this book are organized into two parts and cover basic engineering concepts that underpin surgical robotics; various robotic platforms and how these systems make their way to the clinic; popular applications of surgical robots in neurosurgery within subspecialties; and a discussion on the future development of neurosurgical robotic systems. In the Neuromethods series style, chapters include the kind of detail and key advice from the specialists needed to get successful results in your clinic. Cutting-edge and thorough, Neurosurgical Robotics is a valuable resources for scientists and engineers interested in learning more about this fascinating and developing field.
Table of Content
Basic Concepts in Robotics / Christopher J. Payne, George Dwyer, Emmanouil Dimitrakakis, Hani J. Marcus
Supervisory-Control Robots / Vani Virdyawan, Riccardo Secoli, Eloise Matheson, Marlene Pinzi, Thomas Watts, Stefano Galvan et al.
A Teleoperated Surgical Robot System / Andria A. Remirez, Margaret F. Rox, Trevor L. Bruns, Paul T. Russell, Robert J. Webster III
Shared-Control Robots / Christopher J. Payne, Khushi Vyas, Daniel Bautista-Salinas, Dandan Zhang, Hani J. Marcus, Guang-Zhong Yang
Translation / Hani J. Marcus, Christopher J. Payne
Robot-Assisted Brain Biopsy / Michel Lefranc
Robot-Assisted Deep Brain Stimulation / Catherine Moran, Steven S. Gill
Robot-Assisted Stereoelectroencephalography Implantation / Aswin Chari, M. Zubair Tahir, Martin M. Tisdall
Robot-Assisted Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy / Jillian Plonsker, David D. Gonda
Robotic Automated Skull-Base Drilling / Bornali Kundu, William T. Couldwell
Robot-Assisted Pituitary Surgery / Dorian Chauvet, Stéphane Hans
Robot-Assisted Pedicle Screw Placement / Florian Roser, Nader M. Hebela
Robot-Assisted Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion / Patricia Zadnik Sullivan, William C. Welch, John Y. K. Lee
Robot-Assisted Paravertebral Schwannoma Resection / Syed S. Razi, Nestor Villamizar, Michael Wang, John Paul G. Kolcun, Dao M. Nguyen
Early Developments, Current Systems, and Future Directions / Taku Sugiyama, Sanju Lama, Hamidreza Hoshyarmanesh, Amir Baghdadi, Garnette R. Sutherland