- Data Type
- You?셱e Wrong, I?셫 Right[electronic resource] :Dueling Authors Reexamine Classic Teachings in Anesthesia / edited by Corey S. Scher, Anna Clebone, Sanford M. Miller, J. David Roccaforte, Levon M. Capan.
- Scher, Corey S., editor., Clebone, Anna., editor., Miller, Sanford M., editor., Roccaforte, J. David., editor., Capan, Levon M., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Phy Desc.
- XXVI, 457 p. 4 illus., 1 illus. in color. : online resource.
- Contents Note
- Preface -- Contributors -- Section I: General -- Chapter 1. Should Recent Clinical Trials Change Perioperative Management in Patients with Cardiac Risk Factors? -- Chapter 2. Should Real-Time Ultrasound Guidance Be Routinely Used for Central Venous Catheter Placement? -- Chapter 3. A Patient with Chronic Kidney Disease Is Coming to the Operating Room for an Emergent Procedure, which Intravenous Fluid Do You Plan to Give Her? -- Chapter 4. Just say NO to Nitrous! -- Chapter 5. Closed Loop Anesthesia: Wave of the Future or No Future? -- Chapter 6. Should Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) Preventative Ventilation Be Standard in the Adult Operating Room? -- Chapter 7. I Gave Rocuronium 3 Hours Ago, Do I Need to Reverse? -- Chapter 8. How Do You Recognize and Treat Perioperative Anaphylaxis? -- Chapter 9. Is Monitored Anesthesia Care (MAC) Safe for All Cases? -- Chapter 10. Does Electrophysiology Really Have to Reprogram My Patient?셲 Pacemaker Prior to Electroconvulsive Therapy? -- Chapter 11. When Can Transesophageal and Trans-Thoracic Echocardiography Be Useful in a Non-Cardiac Case? -- Chapter 12. Should Antifibrinolytics Be Used in Patients Undergoing Total Joint Replacements? -- Chapter 13. Will Operating Rooms Run More Efficiently when Anesthesiologists Get Involved in Their Management? -- Chapter 14. Are Outcomes Better for Trauma Patients Who Are Treated Early with Clotting Factors? -- Chapter 15. Should Cerebral Oximetry Be Employed in Morbidly Obese Patients Undergoing Bariatric Surgery? -- Chapter 16. Is Normal Saline Solution the Best Crystalloid for Intravascular Volume Resuscitation? -- Section II: Cardiac -- Chapter 17. Should Local Anesthesia with Conscious Sedation Be Considered the Standard of Care over General Anesthesia for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement via the Transfemoral Approach? -- Chapter 18. Should Antiplatelet Therapy Be Stopped Preoperatively in a Patient with Coronary Artery Stents? -- Chapter 19. Is Extubating My Cardiac Surgery Patient Postoperatively in the Operating Room a Good Idea? -- Chapter 20. Is a Pulmonary Artery Catheter Needed if You Have Transesophageal Echocardiography in a Routine Coronary Artery Bypass Graft? -- Chapter 21. When Should You Transfuse a Patient Who Is Bleeding After Cardiopulmonary Bypass? -- Chapter 22. Neuraxial Versus General Anesthesia in a Patient with Asymptomatic Severe Aortic Stenosis -- Chapter 23. Should High-Risk Cardiac Patients Receive Perioperative Statins? -- Chapter 24. Cardiopulmonary Bypass Cases: To Hemodilute or Not? -- Chapter 25. Are Seizures Really a Problem After the Use of Antifibrinolytics? -- Chapter 26. Is Regional Anesthesia for Cardiac Surgery a Good Idea? -- Chapter 27. Are Surgical and Anesthesia Medical Missions in Developing Countries Helping or Hurting?: The Evolving Fields of Global Anesthesia and Global Surgery -- Section III: Thoracic -- Chapter 28. Can Oxygenation in Single-Lung Thoracic Surgery Be Affected by Inhibition of Hypoxic Pulmonary Vasoconstriction? -- Chapter 29. Is a Bronchial Blocker Just as Good as a Double-Lumen Tube for Achieving Adequate Lung Isolation? -- Chapter 30. Your Thoracic Epidural Is Not Working: How Do You Provide Analgesia Post-Thoracotomy? -- Section IV: Pediatric -- Chapter 31. Pediatric Upper Respiratory Infection: You Cancelled the Case and Told the Parents to Reschedule, Right? -- Chapter 32. Does a Low Mean Blood Pressure in the Neonate Under Anesthesia Lead to Cognitive Deficits? -- Chapter 33. Does Rapid Sequence Induction Have a Role in Pediatric Anesthesia? -- Chapter 34. Anesthetic Neurotoxicity: Is Anesthesia Toxic to the Developing Brain? Should I Cancel My Baby?셲 Surgery? -- Chapter 35. Should an Anxious Parent Be Allowed to Be Present for the Induction of Anesthesia in Her Child? -- Chapter 36. What Is the Role of Premedication in the Pediatric Patient? -- Chapter 37. Presence of Family Members in the Operating Room: Is This Really Helpful? -- Chapter 38. Is it Appropriate for Complicated Pediatric Surgical Patients to Receive Care Outside of Specialized Pediatric Centers? -- Chapter 39. Are the Transfusion Goals for a Premature Infant the Same as for a Seven-Year-Old? -- Chapter 40. How Should You Get the Autistic Child into the Operating Room when the Mother Objects to Intramuscular Ketamine? -- Chapter 41. Is ?쏡eep??Extubation Preferable in Patients at Risk for Bronchospasm? -- Chapter 42. What Is the Best Approach to a Pediatric Patient with an Unexplained Intraoperative Cardiac Arrest? -- Chapter 43. Malignant Hyperthermia: ?쏧t Certainly Is??versus ?쏧t Certainly Is Not!??-- Chapter 44. Is There a ?쏳ight??Drug to Choose When the Blood Pressure Is Low and More Volume Is Not the Answer in a Pediatric Patient? -- Section V: Obstetric -- Chapter 45. Which Is Safer: a Traditional Epidural or a Combined Spinal-Epidural? -- Chapter 46. When Should a Patient Undergoing Dilation and Evacuation of Products of Gestation Be Intubated? -- Chapter 47. Two Blood Patches Have Failed. Now What? -- Chapter 48. Should a Spinal Be Used for Surgical Anesthesia After a Failed Labor Epidural? -- Chapter 49. Accidental Dural Puncture: Should an Intrathecal Catheter Be Threaded? -- Chapter 50. Should Intraoperative Cell Salvage Be Used During Cesarean Delivery? -- Chapter 51. Should Damage Control or Traditional Resuscitation Be Used for Abnormal Placentation Cases? -- Chapter 52. Managing the Noncompliant HIV-Positive Mother: A Pro/Con Debate -- Section VI: Neuroanesthesia -- Chapter 53. At What Hematocrit Should a Patient Who Is Undergoing Craniotomy for Tumor Be Transfused? -- Chapter 54. Traumatic Brain Injury: Where Do We Stand with Ketamine and Hyperventilation? -- Chapter 55. Is General Anesthesia or Conscious Sedation More Appropriate for Patients Undergoing Endovascular Clot Retrieval for Acute Ischemic Stroke? -- Chapter 56. Tranexamic Acid for Major Spine Surgery -- Chapter 57. Should Major Spine Surgery Patients Be Extubated in the Operating Room? -- Chapter 58. General Anesthesia for Intra-Arterial Stroke Treatment (Endovascular Mechanical Thrombectomy): Still Needed or a Thing of the Past? -- Chapter 59. Is it Better to Perform a Craniotomy for Brain Tumor Resection Awake? -- Chapter 60. Nitrous Oxide in Neuroanesthesia: Does it Have a Place? -- Chapter 61. Should We Treat Hypertension Immediately Before Electroconvulsive Therapy? -- Section VII: Transplant -- Chapter 62. Viscoelastic Testing in Liver Transplantation -- Chapter 63. Antifibrinolytics in Liver Transplantation -- Chapter 64. Would You Recommend Accepting a ?쏡onation After Cardiac Death??Liver? -- Chapter 65. Should Only Patients Who Are Medically Optimized Receive a Liver Transplant? -- Chapter 66. Is the Model for End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD) Score the Best Way to Evaluate Liver Transplant Patients Preoperatively? -- Chapter 67. A Small Bowel Transplant for a Patient with Scleroderma: Once Again on the Slippery Slope Both Clinically and Ethically -- Section VIII: Critical Care -- Chapter 68. Should Steroids Be Used in Septic Shock? -- Chapter 69. Should Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Be Used for the Early Treatment of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome? -- Chapter 70. What Is the Most Effective Initial Resuscitation for the Septic Shock Patient? -- Chapter 71. Should Patients with Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Be Placed in the Prone Position to Improve Ventilation? -- Chapter 72. What Is the Best Strategy for Ventilation in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome? -- Chapter 73. Is a Single Dose of Etomidate for Rapid Sequence Intubation (RSI) Safe in the Critically Ill Patient? -- Chapter 74. Should Intensive Care Unit Patients Be Deeply Sedated? -- Chapter 75. Is There Any Advantage to Albumin over Crystalloid for Volume Resuscitation? -- Chapter 76. There Is Nothing Dexmedetomidine Does that Cannot Be Done Old School -- Chapter 77.
- Topical Term
Critical care medicine.
Medicine & Public Health.
Intensive / Critical Care Medicine.
- Host Item
- Springer eBooks
- Additional Item
- Printed edition: 9783319431673