- Data Type
- Neurotrauma Management for the Severely Injured Polytrauma Patient[electronic resource] / edited by James M. Ecklund, Leon E. Moores.
- Ecklund, James M., editor., Moores, Leon E., editor.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Phy Desc.
- XVIII, 340 p. 63 illus., 25 illus. in color. : online resource.
- Contents Note
- The Difficult Conversation -- Communication Between Teams and Multidisciplinary Rounds and Single Primary POC for Family Communication - Lessons Learned and Who's in Charge? -- Mass Casualty Events and Your Hospital -- Rural and Austere Environments -- Prehospital Care and EMS Considerations in the Polytrauma Patient with CNS Injuries -- AIS vs. ISS vs. GCS ??What?셲 Going On Here? -- Trauma Resuscitation and Fluid Considerations in the Polytrauma Patient with CNS Injury -- Initial Imaging Considerations, Repeat Imaging Frequency -- Evidence Based Review of the Use of Steroids in Neurotrauma -- Interventional Radiology in the Civilian Neurotrauma Setting -- Vertebral artery injuries in penetrating neck and cervical spine trauma -- Clearing the Cervical Spine in Blunt Trauma -- Initial evaluation and management -- Transport of the Neurotrauma Patient -- Multiple Surgical Teams in the O. R. at Once ??Priority of Effort and Who Takes the Lead? -- Laparotomy for refractory ICP -- Associated Musculoskeletal Injuries -- Neuro Anesthetic Considerations -- Decompressive Craniectomy for Severe TBI -- Hemodynamic Considerations in the Polytrauma Patient with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) -- Coagulopathy in Traumatic Brain Injury -- Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis -- Mechanical Ventilation in Traumatic Brain Injury -- Nutrition, Antibiotics, and Posttraumatic Seizure Prophylaxis -- Therapeutic Hypothermia for Traumatic Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury -- Rehabilitation in the setting of Neuro-Trauma -- Craniofacial Reconstruction in the Polytrauma Patient -- Functional Restoration for Neurological Trauma: Current Therapies and Future Directions -- Pediatric Neurotrauma -- Care of Patients with Burns and Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Topical Term
Critical care medicine.
Medicine & Public Health.
Intensive / Critical Care Medicine.
- Host Item
- Springer eBooks
- Additional Item
- Printed edition: 9783319402062