Fair use of E-Resource
The electronic resources that are subscribed by Yonsei University Medical Library are protected by copyright applying the license agreement with the publisher. Therefore, you must comply with fair use guidelines that should be used only by Yonsei University Health System staff and school members for research and learning purposes.
Recently, some publishers blocked the access to their web service due to unfair usage (overuse of fulltext).
- August 6, 2016 NEJM blocked Yonsei University Health System due to the overuse of fulltext
- September 13-19, 2016 Cell Press blocked Yonsei University Health System due to the overuse of fulltext
- Nov. 2-3, 2016 JAMA blocked Yonsei University Health System due to the overuse of fulltext
- Jul. 3-10, 2018 JAMA blocked Yonsei University Health System due to the overuse of fulltext
Please refer to the following instructions for details fair use guidelines
Definition of fair use of e-resource
- Only reasonable number of download or print is allowed as a researcher
Criteria for Fair Use Violation
- Transferring ID / PW to another person or steal an account to download
- Large quantities of download beyond the scope of research
- Downloading an entire issue
- Use of stored / printed materials for commercial purposes other than personal research
- Unauthorized storing and printing through specialized download programs
- Use of the Medical Library Service will be suspended for 6 months.(off campus access, document delivery service, book loan, etc)
- You are liable for submitting a written explanation and paying a compensation as the publisher requests.
If you try to download too many electronic material, the automatic monitoring program of each publisher will detect it, and the IP will be blocked and Medical library will receive a warnning e-mail.
- Tel. 02-2228-2912